Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've seen differences in opinions (if you can call them that) on how to get a 1 in STEP. I seem to remember Siklos saying in his booklet that a good go at 4 out of your 6 picked questions will get you enough, but an average is 70 for a 1. 70/4 is 17.5 each question is marked out of 20. 17.5/20 is more than a "good go" at a question? Someone help explain
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Willjamessamuel)
    I've seen differences in opinions (if you can call them that) on how to get a 1 in STEP. I seem to remember Siklos saying in his booklet that a good go at 4 out of your 6 picked questions will get you enough, but an average is 70 for a 1. 70/4 is 17.5 each question is marked out of 20. 17.5/20 is more than a "good go" at a question? Someone help explain
    The best place to find out more about STEP is this thread:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4844994
    Curated by Zacken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willjamessamuel)
    The advice for four good goes was more relevant back in the olden days. Nowadays, four good goes and 2 partials or 5 moderate goes, etc... is more accurate for getting a 1 on STEP I and II.

On STEP III, the advice becomes a little more applicable and you can often get a 1 with four good goes, although it's (imo) useful to get the first (easy) five marks off another two question in any case.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.