Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I matched with this girl on tinder and she messaged me first saying she thought I looked good and liked me so I asked her out for a drink and she said yes. However after looking at her profile and talking with her for a few days I realised that we want different things. She wants a serious relationship but I don't think I can see myself having a relationship with her but I think the night might be fun. Would it make me a bad person to go ahead with the date and see if anything happens on it then just not arranging another date afterwards and just tell her we want different things? And does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael1010)
    I matched with this girl on tinder and she messaged me first saying she thought I looked good and liked me so I asked her out for a drink and she said yes. However after looking at her profile and talking with her for a few days I realised that we want different things. She wants a serious relationship but I don't think I can see myself having a relationship with her but I think the night might be fun. Would it make me a bad person to go ahead with the date and see if anything happens on it then just not arranging another date afterwards and just tell her we want different things? And does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?
    I don't think you sound like a horrible person by doing this, you can't properly know a person until you meet them anyways and maybe your mind will change! Even if it doesn't she should still understand if you don't want to meet her again
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just.. don't date her, or before you do, tell her you're not looking for a serious relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smart_Avocado)
    Just.. don't date her, or before you do, tell her you're not looking for a serious relationship
    Yeah but I have no other plans for the night anyway and the date could end up being fun

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I have no other plans for the night anyway and the date could end up being fun
    End up with her slapping you maybe.. if that's what you call fun. How about you find a girl that wants the same thing rather than getting this girls hopes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    End up with her slapping you maybe.. if that's what you call fun. How about you find a girl that wants the same thing rather than getting this girls hopes up
    Why would I get slapped? We are going for drinks and I do intend to make an effort with the date

ReputationRep:
    Why would I get slapped? We are going for drinks and I do intend to make an effort with the date
    When you said fun, did you just mean drinks and not sex? I mean either way, you gotta let her know that you don't like her in that way.

ReputationRep:
    She probably wouldn't slap you but she would most likely be very disappointed and angry with you because you still went out with her despite you knowing she wanted something different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    When you said fun, did you just mean drinks and not sex? I mean either way, you gotta let her know that you don't like her in that way.
    I just mean the drinks and just see what happens. It would be good if something happened but that's not the reason I am going on the date. I think we could have fun even if nothing ends up happening

ReputationRep:
    No.

If it were me I'd beat and delete.

To me, it just sounds like you're using her to have a good time, no matter if that good time is just drinks or not. You might think its fun and ok cause you have no plans but you are wasting her time and that's just not cool.

ReputationRep:
    I just mean the drinks and just see what happens. It would be good if something happened but that's not the reason I am going on the date. I think we could have fun even if nothing ends up happening
    Then you're just looking for a friend to have fun with???? Uhm tell her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.