Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please check out my short documentary! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys this is my short documentary which i have made to go towards my portfolio for university. Please check it out and let me know what you think!
    Click the link below:

https://youtu.be/Oyb-S__7pb0
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    As far as documentary style you've got it pretty much nailed. Supporting what she's saying with clips and crediting the film is important. I'd maybe drop a slide in tab that shows her name at the start? Just so people know who they're listening to. I'd also slightly adjust the audio because in some parts the music is slightly louder than her voice, otherwise it's perfect ☺️

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the poster above! I really liked the way you put the footage together, interweaving your interviewee and the films she was talking about.

I recently did a mini documentary/interview thing for my course so I have a few suggestions that may help!

I know you put her name at the very beginning but it wasn't very eye catching so perhaps put it in the corner when she's actually talking (and also who she is e.g. student) so that your audience know who she is.
    At the beginning you could instead have a small title 'Favourite Films' or something like that in the middle to make it more eye catching or to the left hand side.

If possible I'd also turn the music volume down a bit as it's a little jarring/slightly difficult to her your interviewee in places.
    Between 1.37 and 1.38 the music suddenly cuts out and changes, perhaps you could try fade it a little bit at the end so it blends a bit more? (Again less jarring for the audience).

Good luck <3 (P.S I love your friend's shirt! I have one too :'D)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much i have taken this on board and will make some changes. I will let my friend know that you like her shirt 😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.