Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So lately if I wash my hair every three days it’s only clean for the first two days and then greasy on the third. If I then wash it every two days it is only clean for 1 day and the second is greasy. It seems like there always has to be one day of greasy hair before I wash it. What do you do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Do you not use conditioner

ReputationRep:
    wash it lol thats it really

Its just oil build up so you need to get rid of it

but if you are washing your hair a lot dont use shampoo that has sulphates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalatte)
    So lately if I wash my hair every three days it’s only clean for the first two days and then greasy on the third. If I then wash it every two days it is only clean for 1 day and the second is greasy. It seems like there always has to be one day of greasy hair before I wash it. What do you do?
    Washing your hair too often will just make it even more greasy.

Use dry shampoo and leave in conditioner between washes.

ReputationRep:
    people are dieing in the world ...

ReputationRep:
    Dry shampoo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoshelvey21)
    people are dieing in the world ...
    Dying* and how does that have anything to do with this

ReputationRep:
    I’ve tried dry shampoo but it doesn’t seem to make my hair less greasy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you not use conditioner
    I started to not use conditioner on my scalp but because now I am washing it more often I’m trying to use it again

ReputationRep:
    Try only shampooing your roots and using conditioner on the tips (everywhere but the roots).

I had the same issue before and since I've been doing this, I can wash my hair every 4-5 days because I don't have very greasy hair (before it was 2-3). Give it a go!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    You should be washing it, but without shampoo/other chemicals, in the intervening days.

Just wash it with water and dry with a clean towel each day. Also consider sleeping with a do-rag or similar at night, or switching out your pillowcase each night.

Also dry shampoo should make it seem less greasy, as that's literally what it does. You need to shake the can and use enough - it'll probably look kind of gray and faded before you brush it through initially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertySea)
    Try only shampooing your roots and using conditioner on the tips (everywhere but the roots).

I had the same issue before and since I've been doing this, I can wash my hair every 4-5 days because I don't have very greasy hair (before it was 2-3). Give it a go!
    Okay, also when you wash it does it start getting greasy on the 4th or 5th day or just when you wake up and were planning to wash it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, also when you wash it does it start getting greasy on the 4th or 5th day or just when you wake up and were planning to wash it.
    I normally wait till my hair is greasy and wash it the night-of, which is normally 4-5 days after I wash it. Say I wash my hair on a Monday, It'll start getting greasy on a Thursday or a Friday and I'll wash it Thursday or Friday night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertySea)
    I normally wait till my hair is greasy and wash it the night-of, which is normally 4-5 days after I wash it. Say I wash my hair on a Monday, It'll start getting greasy on a Thursday or a Friday and I'll wash it Thursday or Friday night.
    Ohh but do you not feel self conscious or something when you go out with greasy ish hair

ReputationRep:
    Ohh but do you not feel self conscious or something when you go out with greasy ish hair
    I used to, but now, not so much, I normally throw it up in a high ponytail, or braid it back or leave it down. I never let my hair get too greasy that it's visible (unless i know I'm staying home all day, then I might not wash it- I've once gone a week without washing my hair)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.