Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11 and school saying I have to apply for a college now so I can get a place. However, I want to do a apprenticeship in optics at specsavers or vision express but they telling me I have to apply when it's more near the time so like next year in August. So I was thinking can I join any course at college and leave it after a few weeks and apply for the apprenticeship, will it look bad on my cv?? Also the specsavers and visions express site clearly says I should not be in full time education.So what shall I do guys HELPPPP!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Sheb_)
    I'm in year 11 and school saying I have to apply for a college now so I can get a place. However, I want to do a apprenticeship in optics at specsavers or vision express but they telling me I have to apply when it's more near the time so like next year in August. So I was thinking can I join any course at college and leave it after a few weeks and apply for the apprenticeship, will it look bad on my cv?? Also the specsavers and visions express site clearly says I should not be in full time education.So what shall I do guys HELPPPP!!
    Contact specsavers and visionexpress , then explain your dilemma and find out whether the interviews and a decision will be made before the school term starts so you can meet their requirement. I would apply for both anyway, but its up to you to apply early and make sure you application is as strong as possible.

ps

Yes you can leave school for an apprenticeship.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to go to college, you can do the apprenticeship. Contact the companies asking when the applications for apprenticeships open - they are like jobs so you may not be accepted onto one so it's good to have a back up plan.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.