Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgillian123)
    "Losing weight is easier said than done especially for those who are not very knowledgeable about diet/nutrition" - Why dont they try and gain the knowledge about diet/nutrition? there are thousand of metabolic word experiments on the internet and available with just a few clicks.

"Bill is an average weight. He eats normally. He likes spending most of his time on the sofa watching TV." - He eats normally because for him to eat chips and meat all day it wouldn't be healthy - and lets say that he knows they taste nice - he is resisting them because he doesn't give in to the taste and knows he shouldn't eat them - thus making him less lazy by not giving into that. Doing nothing all day makes him lazy in that regard, but you wouldn't see that on him because he isn't overweight so you wouldn't know. But in a health specific regard he isnt lazy

"Ben is overweight. He doesn't get out much because he is studying for hours and hours everyday. He eats too many snacks while he is working because that makes it more enjoyable for him." - he eats too many snacks because he is too lazy to eat something healthy and have a slightly more disgusting taste, "because it makes it more enjoyable for him" - in the short term yes, obviously not in long term and this shows that he doesnt take into consideration the future of his health when eating unhealthy snacks because they are more enjoyable. Him studying hours everyday isnt relevant to his overall health - sure its not lazy compared to watching tv all day - but it has similar health effects minus the TV part. - So this shows hes not lazy in a certain regard but is in another.

"it is perfectly possible for a thin person to be much lazier than a fat one. Your argument is redundant" - that doesnt mean an arguement is redundant. no one ever claimed thin people cant be lazy - thin people can be worse health wise that certain fat people but i dont see the relevance. That thin person (weight wise) doesn't need to be less lazy because they are already thin, the fat person does need to do more physical activity because they are fat. There are reasons a thin person should do more physical activity so saying a thin person can be lazy aswell as a fat person doesnt mean a fat person can be lazy because thin people are.

"Ever realised it is what's on the inside that counts?" - on the inside is their brain and their brain is what decides what goes in. An overweight person that has complete control over their diet and doesn't have an illness is clearly lazy in a health regard. they eat unhealthy food most likely because it tastes nice and they are too lazy to not eat it or too lazy to go and workout.
    What a shame you spent so long writing that and all I have to say is "Ew".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider&TheFly)
    What a shame you spent so long writing that and all I have to say is "Ew".
    idc i have the time, you saying ew just proves you dont have an arguement, was hoping you were prepared for logical debate but i guess not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgillian123)
    idc i have the time, you saying ew just proves you dont have an arguement, was hoping you were prepared for logical debate but i guess not.
    Ahh fair enough I'll write back after I have eaten dinner. I'll win this one you know Look out for a reply by about 7pm.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they do. They deserve equal.
    Not just because of equality (though it's a driving factor, undoubtedly), but plainly and simply, they can be as attractive, if not more attractive.

Not all people like thin models. I suppose I'm biased because I'm more towards curvier than thinner models. Some people rock that size 16, 18, 20, 22 etc. Let them rock it, let them embrace it.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest we are all humans. We shouldn't doubt them because there fat, sometimes it's A lot more harder than u think
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    ugh I'm so biased coz theres this effing biatche whom i hate with a passion and she happens to be fat

ReputationRep:
    being fat is not normal nor something to be happy about. Stop making it look good. It's unhealthy and if you got fat by lack of excercise and eating too much, then don't complain when you get bullied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownguytorule)
    being fat is not normal nor something to be happy about.
    It's certainly not abnormal, although I do agree that it's seldom desirable for health reasons. (In old age being overweight does increase life expectancy IIRC)

Stop making it look good. It's unhealthy and if you got fat by lack of excercise and eating too much, then don't complain when you get bullied.
    How does someone being fat impact others? What sort of warped logic can ever justify bullying? I expect that most don't want to be fat.

When you're older, you may have weight issues. Remember your aggressive comments then.

ReputationRep:
    Some solid trolling here, fair play. 7/10.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.