Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So as a dare I tried a spoonful of dark roasted black coffee not the actual drink but the powder/ or beans and now I feel my heart beating really fast after 5 hours and I feel dizzy and I can’t sleep and I’m worried that I’ll die or my heart will stop working I’m only 15
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think you’ll be fine. Just try to drink lots of water and not like take anything else with caffeine for a good couple days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    So as a dare I tried a spoonful of dark roasted black coffee not the actual drink but the powder/ or beans and now I feel my heart beating really fast after 5 hours and I feel dizzy and I can’t sleep and I’m worried that I’ll die or my heart will stop working I’m only 15
    Well this is a massive overreaction. Coffee powder makes coffee, all you've done is exactly the same as drinking a cup of coffee. That same amount of coffee powder and thus the same amount of caffeine would be in your body if you had just had a cup of coffee. You've basically had a cup of coffee, it's the same thing. All adding water does is make it more tolerable to swallow.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Your heart is beating fast and you feel dizzy because you're not used to caffeine (it's a stimulant), clearly you don't have it on a regular basis. For people like me who drink several cups of coffee a day, we're used to the effects as we've been drinking it for a while.

ReputationRep:
    So I won’t die ?

ReputationRep:
    So I won’t die ?
    No, you would literally need 100+ cups of coffee in the same day to be in the region of dying: 'The lethal dose of caffeine for most people, says Temple, is about 10 grams, although this varies from person to person. A cup of coffee has around 100 to 200 milligrams of caffeine.'

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...rom-caffeine#1

Caffeine powder is mentioned, which is not coffee powder. Caffeine powder is pure caffeine with no traces of coffee, it's like drinking pure ethanol vs beer.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks I’m just stressing beacuse my heart is beating so fast right now and I have trouble breathing and it’s 12 am now and can’t sleep beacuse I’m too worried that I’ll sleep and not wake up

ReputationRep:
    Try to drink lots of water.

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate to see what you're like on cocaine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.