Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I also got an A in all modules and that is all they asked for. It is a very statistical course, so it may effect you chances
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello, good to see this thread

-Offer Grades: A*AA
    -GCSE grades: 8A* 2A 2B
    -Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
    -When your received your offer : 8th November (applied 13th October)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivay1234)
    Got an email from the admissions tutor at ucl
    hey dude what subjects did you do and did you do a fourth AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appleorpear)
    hey dude what subjects did you do and did you do a fourth AS
    Hi, so currently at A Levels i am doing Maths, Economics and Business Studies... For AS level i did ICT, which i have now dropped...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivay1234)
    Hi, so currently at A Levels i am doing Maths, Economics and Business Studies... For AS level i did ICT, which i have now dropped...
    Just wondering do you go to a bad cpllege/6th form?

ReputationRep:
    do you guys have any idea when the next batch of admissions/rejections will be sent ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appleorpear)
    Just wondering do you go to a bad cpllege/6th form?
    I wouldn’t say so, our school produces quite a number of students that end up in top uni’s, but in terms of the area in which the school is located is quite poor in comparison to the rest of the country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cshell)
    I got an offer yesterday at 17:00 L100.
    A*AA A*(maths)A(economics)
    8A* 2A
    4A* (biology, economics, maths and further maths)
    Applied 12 October
    C1 93% C2 93% FP1 95% m1 82% M2 100%
    Congratulations!!! Also we have the exact same A-levels and are applying for the same course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya0111)
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your module grades? Do you think I stand a chance with a B in Statistics? My GCSE and predicted grades are near perfect.
    I had a B in S1 and got an offer so shouldn't be a problem. I think they are more concerned with your core modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smhn)
    I had a B in S1 and got an offer so shouldn't be a problem. I think they are more concerned with your core modules.
    What if you have a B in an easy one like C1 due to silly mistakes, but the rest 2-4) are good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonasian)
    What if you have a B in an easy one like C1 due to silly mistakes, but the rest 2-4) are good?
    I'm not sure. It could possibly be a problem because it is a core module. The best thing to do is to call and ask them yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smhn)
    I'm not sure. It could possibly be a problem because it is a core module. The best thing to do is to call and ask them yourself.
    Will do thanks

ReputationRep:
    UCL is **** LSE is the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    UCL is **** LSE is the best.
    Very constructive comment

ReputationRep:
    I am a gap year student, got A*A*AAA , Did Maths, chemistry , biology and french. I applied to ucl economics and statistics on 5/11/17.
    Got the offer in 2 days on 7/11/17. Condition of attending an open day.
    Only got 4A* at GCSEs and rest mostly A.
    Really doesn't matter on GCSEs.
    Bang your A levels, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalFc5146)
    I am a gap year student, got A*A*AAA , Did Maths, chemistry , biology and french. I applied to ucl economics and statistics on 5/11/17.
    Got the offer in 2 days on 7/11/17. Condition of attending an open day.
    Only got 4A* at GCSEs and rest mostly A.
    Really doesn't matter on GCSEs.
    Bang your A levels, you'll be fine
    Should’ve chosen LSE with those grades.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-41693230

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    Should’ve chosen LSE with those grades.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-41693230
    Eh its quite unlikely he'd get a place. 4 A*s at GCSE is below the average for straight econ and he doesnt have FM to combine it with maths. Plus A*A*AA is typical for UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here going to the offer holder day? IDK if it's worth going, seems very short and will take even longer to travel there than the actual event lasts. I already went to the open day too.

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSEs count only when you are applying with only predicted, btw I also got an offer for economics at LSE unconditional for straight economics. But I like UCL better, more fun , greater quality of life, less susceptible to depression. We'll all get same jobs bro
    Once you have the A level grades trust me, these universities have to be world-class idiots to reject you. As long as you have B in English and A/A* in maths with rest mostly A at GCSEs. They don't care. It's not a hard formula to understand bro 😂😂😂.
    A levels>GCSEs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.