Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm invited to a interview by University of Manchester and I'm just a bit nervous because I'm not sure how the interview gonna like... I have seen the Programme of Day on their website and it says ''about your interest in maths and will almost certainly ask a couple of maths related questions''.
    What I'm confused are:
    How hard are the questions? Will they be kind of ''MAT style'' or understanding of definitions and theorems?(I've just done my MAT today) Because there is only about two hours interview on the schedule, how long will the interview normally takes? Will it be an individual(1to1) interview or a group interview(1to many)?
    btw I'm an international student, I apologize for my poor English...
    Thanks for everyone who tried their best to read through my poor language skill and answer my questions!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to worry about it. I also did the MAT yesterday and have an interview for maths G100 next week (when is yours btw?). The interview is an informal chat that lasts about 15 minutes, and they ask you a few general questions such as why you want to do maths at Manchester, and then a few mathematical questions, which aren't too hard (the hardest questions I've heard anyone has been asked, are to differentiate x^x, or prove root(6) is irrational). It is a 1 to 1 interview but they talk to all the applicants as a group in the beginning. An interview almost always means you have an offer. Your English is fine and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sim4590)
    You don't need to worry about it. I also did the MAT yesterday and have an interview for maths G100 next week (when is yours btw?). The interview is an informal chat that lasts about 15 minutes, and they ask you a few general questions such as why you want to do maths at Manchester, and then a few mathematical questions, which aren't too hard (the hardest questions I've heard anyone has been asked, are to differentiate x^x, or prove root(6) is irrational). It is a 1 to 1 interview but they talk to all the applicants as a group in the beginning. An interview almost always means you have an offer. Your English is fine and good luck!
    Thank you for reply! My interview is Nov 15th( I think we are probably on the same day because they need to talk to all applicants). If it is not hard Maths questions then I think I will be fine:-)
    Thanks again and wish you good luck!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on the 9th (Nov) actually. This might be helpful if you haven't already been on this thread. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=320602. If you can do these then you'll definitely be fine for the Manchester interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.