Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I came from iraq in October 2014 with my dad ( started his PhD studying on mathematics and biostatistics) . and I came with him and I started doing my GCSE and I finished them and carried on to A level. right now I year 13 student and I applied for universities to study medicine. The problem is my dad is going back in 2019 and I want to stay here and continue studying. however, I can not afford the university cost and living by myself (going back iraq mean no future to me because I have to start school again because of the differences in both systems) I came with dependent visa on my dad tire4 visa. question is can I get student loans? I have been in England all that time and if not can I get scholarship or international student loans?

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to have full citizenship for university loans, many international students find themselves doing careers to support their studies but tbh they graduate without a penny owed, perhaps you could get scholarships. What are your grades looking like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chance_rydes947)
    I think you need to have full citizenship for university loans, many international students find themselves doing careers to support their studies but tbh they graduate without a penny owed, perhaps you could get scholarships. What are your grades looking like?
    predicted AAB with I point that when I came here I did not know any English word and I had prof for that

ReputationRep:
    Ok what and what are your subjects?
    Also bear in mind BMAT/UKCAT will probably be a factor for medical scholarships

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chance_rydes947)
    Ok what and what are your subjects?
    Also bear in mind BMAT/UKCAT will probably be a factor for medical scholarships
    I doing maths biology and chemistry
    I have 100 hours volunteer work in school
    I have 1 week work experience in hospice
    I week in university of keele working with medical machines
    I got accepted and finished keele step 2 medical program
    I have a award the house award in my school for higher attitude toward learning
    I did ukcat got 2264 the low score was mainly of my slow reading and poor English

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.