Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which university do you think is the best for studying BA Graphic Design in London? (in terms of modules, community, everything basically) Thanks xx
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreeapr)
    Which university do you think is the best for studying BA Graphic Design in London? (in terms of modules, community, everything basically) Thanks xx
    You’re limiting your options substantially by restricting your choices to London.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreeapr)
    Hi andreeapr,

I thought you might like to hear about Ravensbourne, a digital design and media institution. I'm currently on the BA Graphic Design course in my second year and I really enjoy it. We have regular 3-2-1's where students from all three years get to meet and we also have a yearly Christmas/end of term party where in your 3-2-1 groups you compete with the other groups. There is a real sense of community within the course as well as in Ravensbourne. We are small compared to other universities but our open space plan really helps to have a collaborative environment. I've been able to meet students from other courses and have been able to collaborate with them as well as ask for advice on projects.

We are encouraged to do competition briefs and have regular visiting lecturers for projects who are industry professionals in that area. All the tutors and lecturers are also industry professionals with their own practices. During the three years you will be able to work on projects around branding, typography, exhibition/installation design, data visualisation, service design to name a few. The briefs are a bit vague so you can take your own interoperation of them to do projects around topics you enjoy. The graphic design team also invites companies and designers in to give us a chance to network with agencies and build our network for the future and to help us find work.

I would definitely recommend coming to an open day to give yourself the chance to meet and speak with tutors and students as well as look at current student work.

I hope this has helped and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask,

Row

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.