Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think this was weird ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I only ever go those places for dodgy music festivals with old 80s bands, ha.

(Original post by gjd800)
    I only ever go those places for dodgy music festivals with old 80s bands, ha.
    THAT'S THE THING. Butlins used to have a adult nightclub called Jak's which was good, and really good entertainment in the late nights. 80's music, recent trending pop brands and great activities for teenagers where you can make friends. The year I turned 18 they literally SCRAPPED all that -_-. Butlins went downhill fast

(Original post by Salt Queen)
    Me too 😶
    Are you Asperger's? I'm on the autistic spectrum 0-10 but I don't have enough traits to be considered a official diagnosis

Lucky
    Obviously the nan didn't see it this way..

(Original post by Little_missy01)
    Contrary to everyone else, I don’t find it weird. There was no one else your age. What were you meant to do. I actually spent the day with my friends younger sister yesterday who’s 4 years younger than me. She’s very mature for her age and I feel like an older sister to her. Yes it’s not quite the same as your situation, but it wasn’t an individual basis but as a group too. So it’s not as if there was anything untoward taking place
    Exactly! I felt no way hanging with the two 11 year old twins when I was 16 and there was a group of us and the oldest 17 and it didn't make a difference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you Asperger's? I'm on the autistic spectrum 0-10 but I don't have enough traits to be considered a official diagnosis

Obviously the nan didn't see it this way..

Exactly! I felt no way hanging with the two 11 year old twins when I was 16 and there was a group of us and the oldest 17 and it didn't make a difference!
    Did you just seriously ask if I have aspergers??! 😂

I was saying me too to the night owl thing

ReputationRep:
    It’s funny how it was assumed I’m probably a male lmao.
    I assumed it too and found the whole scenario weird. but thinking back to it i did have an aunt who was the same way with me when she saw me play-fighting with a younger boy. i was like 17 and he was 13 (and honestly he attacked me first) and then she walked in and told me off and later told my mum that at my age I shouldn't be doing stuff like that with younger boys which i found totally weird myself. so i guess its just an older woman thing. its like they honestly believe older kids are incapable of hanging around younger kids of the opposite sex without wanting to sleep with them. pfft old people...

anyways its pretty sad that you've stopped going to butlins for this reason. keep going but next time go alone.

Did you just seriously ask if I have aspergers??! 😂

I was saying me too to the night owl thing
    Oh right.... sorry.

(Original post by Allie4)
    I assumed it too and found the whole scenario weird. but thinking back to it i did have an aunt who was the same way with me when she saw me play-fighting with a younger boy. i was like 17 and he was 13 (and honestly he attacked me first) and then she walked in and told me off and later told my mum that at my age I shouldn't be doing stuff like that with younger boys which i found totally weird myself. so i guess its just an older woman thing. its like they honestly believe older kids are incapable of hanging around younger kids of the opposite sex without wanting to sleep with them. pfft old people...

anyways its pretty sad that you've stopped going to butlins for this reason. keep going but next time go alone.
    Aww and I didn't stop going Butlins for that reason. It was because my mum couldn't afford it as she's saving up buying the house. She wants go next year with her boyfriend and the same friend and her daughter now 12. But i'm not onit. Not because of that experience, but because the entertainment, activites and the nightclub have gone down. There's literally nothing to do. I was bored that whole week really. And the kids left on the Monday and I was leaving on the Friday, which made it worse, I was bored in my first time of Butlins.

ReputationRep:
    nothing wierd about it at all.

Kids can hang around with anyone of any age. Its great for kids to mix with older/younger ages and all get on well and play together. Obviously as the older one you have a bit more responsibility/can take on a bit more leadership over the other younger teenagers, but certianly there is nothing wierd about it.

Especially not on a family holiday. You never know who you are going to end up with on a family holiday, so you just have to get a long with who ever is there. When me and my family used to go on holiday there would have been me aged around 10, with my cousins, ranging from 5 to 15, then friends of our family who ranged from 7-18.. we all just played together, in different forms, and it was great.

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    nothing wierd about it at all.

Kids can hang around with anyone of any age. Its great for kids to mix with older/younger ages and all get on well and play together. Obviously as the older one you have a bit more responsibility/can take on a bit more leadership over the other younger teenagers, but certianly there is nothing wierd about it.

Especially not on a family holiday. You never know who you are going to end up with on a family holiday, so you just have to get a long with who ever is there. When me and my family used to go on holiday there would have been me aged around 10, with my cousins, ranging from 5 to 15, then friends of our family who ranged from 7-18.. we all just played together, in different forms, and it was great.
    I feel the same. But I guess the friends of your family who were 18 were friends of the family and not total strangers. Then again when I was 16, apart from the group I sorta made friends with two really young boys but I didn’t hang with them as much more if I saw them around thing
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I’m a female, they were all male
    oh then i dont really see much of a problem.. maybe its because in many public areas like Butlins there are many older pedos that know young children are everywhere.. and prey on them. i guess they're just being over protective,

oh then i dont really see much of a problem.. maybe its because in many public areas like Butlins there are many older pedos that know young children are everywhere.. and prey on them. i guess they're just being over protective,
    ^ It's funny in society that females can't be peado's too.

Yeah, my mum did think that Butlins is a Peado Heaven hotspot. But like I said, I never really saw old people there, it was always families with young children, mostly.

I don't know I had no intentions and I just saw it as us just playing being friends. In 2014, at 16 I actually made friends with two small children but I never hung around with them more of if I saw them type of thing but when I saw them their mum was with them and didn't mind? Also had a group, with 2 11yrs, a 13yr, me and this other guy who was 16, a 15 and a 17 year old lad and I didn't think anything. I don't know maybe it was, but I was 18 and on my last family holiday I wasn't like 21.

ReputationRep:
    I have been going to Butlins since I was 14. My mum loves it so I turned 18 in June 2016. At 14, butlins is great to find friends your age... when you get over not so much. So last year I went in the Summer 2016 with my mum friends 11 year old daughter. We just went on activities and playgrounds and I made friends with a nearly 14 year old, a 12 year old and 14 year old. Everything was fine and dandy but the nearly 14 year olds nan didn’t like it? Said it’s weird that I’m hanging round a 13 year old and she got married at 19 and that it’s wrong , I tried to tell her I have no intentions. I really didn’t. At the time I didn’t see her problem. But I’m wondering if it was weird. Then again either way , weird or not, I was dragged to Butlins a place for family and children. I don’t go anymore and haven’t been since I was 18, and have no intention of going back
    It’s not weird lol .... I don’t see how it is??

^ It's funny in society that females can't be peado's too.

Yeah, my mum did think that Butlins is a Peado Heaven hotspot. But like I said, I never really saw old people there, it was always families with young children, mostly.

I don't know I had no intentions and I just saw it as us just playing being friends. In 2014, at 16 I actually made friends with two small children but I never hung around with them more of if I saw them type of thing but when I saw them their mum was with them and didn't mind? Also had a group, with 2 11yrs, a 13yr, me and this other guy who was 16, a 15 and a 17 year old lad and I didn't think anything. I don't know maybe it was, but I was 18 and on my last family holiday I wasn't like 21.
    yh not gonna lie i felt a kinda double standard while writing what i did.. usually u wouldn't expect females to be paedophiles although there are real. they're just not recognized or many in number so the whole 'female pedos exist' gets kinda brushed under the carpet :/ maybe they thought since u were older they thought you would influence their kids in a bad way .. u know the old stereotypical bad/naughty teenager who gets into trouble and pressures and forces others to do the same. .....

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't find it weird. I wouldn't worry about it.

I have a really young niece and I wouldn't really give a **** if someone was judging me for playing with her lol.

Random kids are always coming up to me and following me around, asking me silly questions when I'm out and about skating or whatever (I attract kids and animals for some reason). It cheers me up when that kind of stuff happens. Not like you're picking them up and taking them to your car boot lol. No ones ever came up to me like that like the old woman in the OP complaining though. Usually the mums are close by and they're all smiling/laughing about it.

Was on holiday once at a hotel resort with a big pool. And this little girl would not stop following me everywhere asking me to play with her. So I ended up playing with her a bunch since the place was boring anyway. The mum seemed happy she didn't have to deal with her tbh she was encouraging it rofl. Did have to like, palm her off onto her mum and run away in the end cus it was too much lmfao. Kinda had to hide a bit cus she'd run over to me every time she saw me over the course of the holiday lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.