Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have to pick a region out of the following places:

One option from-
    Amiens - Créteil - Lille - Nancy-Metz - Reims - Versailles

One from-
    Besançon - Caen - Clermont-Ferrand - Limoges - Nantes - Orléans-Tours - Poitiers - Rennes - Rouen

Does anyone have any ideas which would be the nicest. No idea for the first group as they all seem pretty unattractive, but leaning towards Nantes for the second choice. Thanks for any advice/mentions of experience anyone can give me about this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amme31)
    Hi,

I have to pick a region out of the following places:

One option from-
    Amiens - Créteil - Lille - Nancy-Metz - Reims - Versailles

One from-
    Besançon - Caen - Clermont-Ferrand - Limoges - Nantes - Orléans-Tours - Poitiers - Rennes - Rouen

Does anyone have any ideas which would be the nicest. No idea for the first group as they all seem pretty unattractive, but leaning towards Nantes for the second choice. Thanks for any advice/mentions of experience anyone can give me about this!
    First group: Versailles could be very nice (you've got some very nice places in that region) but also very horrid. The main attraction is that you're just outside Paris with easy public transport into the city. Many years ago I did an an assistantship in the Académie de Versailles and got given a fairly grotty school in Sartrouville but I chose to live in Paris and commute out to the suburbs to work. This worked really well and I had a great time.

Otherwise there's Lille which is a surprisingly pleasant part of France.

Second group: The Rennes region, apart from Rennes itself, is pretty rural as it covers the whole of Brittany. Some lovely places and the locals are very friendly - I should know, as I live here myself! The only problem with Brittany is that you can be pretty remote and public transport isn't great - not an issue if you've got access to a car, which I'd recommend for this option. Otherwise stick with the Nantes region which is more densely populated and where public transport is likely to be less of an issue.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.