Turn on thread page Beta

Female bedwetting anonymous (serious comments only ) watch

Has anyone else suffered with bed wetting as a teen or pre teen? I suffered with it until I was 15 and my poor little sister is still suffering with it at 13. What worked well for you? 🙂❤️

ReputationRep:
    I suffered up until the age of around 12/13 and decided to go and see a nurse about it as it made me feel embarrassed around friends when it came up in conversation. I tried a lot of things and I remember drinking a lot more worked because I had an undersized bladder so this 'stretched it'. Eventually I was prescribed desomelts by my GP and these helped as I was taken off them a year later as I didn't need them. I still occasionally do it when I'm tired and have drunk a lot before bed but apart from that I'm all good, hope this helps x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Bells Scott)
    I suffered up until the age of around 12/13 and decided to go and see a nurse about it as it made me feel embarrassed around friends when it came up in conversation. I tried a lot of things and I remember drinking a lot more worked because I had an undersized bladder so this 'stretched it'. Eventually I was prescribed desomelts by my GP and these helped as I was taken off them a year later as I didn't need them. I still occasionally do it when I'm tired and have drunk a lot before bed but apart from that I'm all good, hope this helps x
    awww poor you! I have to admit though that if I have had a heavy night of drinking it has happened still once or twice. But yeah my sister is currently taking desomelts. Sucks for her so much. Them Drynites also are not much good and always leak So that annoys her loads! Did you have to wear Drynites as well? Thank you for the loverly repy

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did wear them but it got embarrassing when I went to sleepovers and stuff. Always feel free to message me if you need xx

(Original post by Bells Scott)
    Yes I did wear them but it got embarrassing when I went to sleepovers and stuff. Always feel free to message me if you need, my Instagram is @ bellss.aa xx
    Thank you so much! 🙂 Did they leek too? My sister is always having problems with this and has tried them awake and they didn't leek at all 😀 It super sucks for her bless 😢

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I can't remember it was a while back that I used them because after taking desomelts I didn't need them. You can also use this thing that senses dampness and has an alarm which wakes you up before you fully pee. Try looking into those? It must be really hard for her, I understand the situation is awful.

ReputationRep:
    Poor you and poor sister! I understand exactly what it's like for her. I used desmopressin for staying away and they were really good for that but didn't always work. And the alarms had no effect long term. Now I am in first year of uni and it still sometimes happens but I think if you have stopped permanently then she will too. Tell her not to worry because that makes it worse!

(Original post by teri99)
    Poor you and poor sister! I understand exactly what it's like for her. I used desmopressin for staying away and they were really good for that but didn't always work. And the alarms had no effect long term. Now I am in first year of uni and it still sometimes happens but I think if you have stopped permanently then she will too. Tell her not to worry because that makes it worse!
    Thank you so very much It is very reassuring to know that she is not alone Did you use Drynites as well? Did they leak with you as well? x

ReputationRep:
    I did wear them for sleepovers and holidays etc but not at home but didn't ever have leak problems luckily
    And one of my friends who also had the same problem was fine with them too I think.
    I know it isn't nice for your sister but having somebody else who understands must make it a bit better it's weird how it runs in families because there's certainly a history of it in mine as well!

My cousin struggled with bedwetting until he was about 13. My boyfriend did too. He still does it occasionally if he has a night out and a lot to drink.
    Strange how some are affected and others aren't?

It must be very frustrating, I feel for your sister. You said you don't suffer with it anymore though, hopefully your sister will be the same in a year or two.

ReputationRep:
    All the above stuff is great advice (thanks folks!) but you also need to go and see your GP.
    It could be something simple like a persistent infection or another problem that can be fixed.
    Any GP will be sympathetic and wont be 'embarrassing'. Make an appointment?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 25, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.