The Student Room Group

4-5 hours sleep a night, sometimes less

but not tired at all

For the past few weeks I haven't got more than 5 hours a night sleep yet I'm not tired. I feel wide awake all the time, I can't remember the last time I yawned. I don't even sleep solidly, I keep waking up during the night.

Someone suggested a manic phase of bipolar to me but I don't have any other symptoms I'm just super energetic.

Anyone else have this?

Seems like a good time of night to ask. :tongue:
I'm nearly 70 and only ever had between 4 and 5 hours a night. Some people need more sleep than others. I'm wide awake now working on assignments/dissertation. If the 4 or 5 hours you get are unbroken sleep, I don't see the problem and, as you say, you are energetic, I wouldn't worry.
Reply 2
Original post by Seamus123
I'm nearly 70 and only ever had between 4 and 5 hours a night. Some people need more sleep than others. I'm wide awake now working on assignments/dissertation. If the 4 or 5 hours you get are unbroken sleep, I don't see the problem and, as you say, you are energetic, I wouldn't worry.

No, my sleep is broken up, I don't stay asleep for those 4-5 hours..

This is a new thing for me, it used to be that I'd sleep until around noon. :colondollar:

Btw, you're almost 70? :eek: Wow!
Original post by Anonymous
No, my sleep is broken up, I don't stay asleep for those 4-5 hours..

This is a new thing for me, it used to be that I'd sleep until around noon. :colondollar:

Btw, you're almost 70? :eek: Wow!

I don't think I could sleep until Noon if I tried. X
Wow ur lucky, i would be so happy if i cud get just 4hrs of sleep and not tired & some ppl wud acc consider that a nap

Quick Reply

Latest