Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I need to decide whether or not I want to do an EPQ.

I am applying for Neuroscience at Kings which will probably be my first choice if I get an offer. I have seen a few topics which I find very interesting. Could an EPQ be the difference between getting an offer and not and should I do one anyway to deepen my knowledge of the subject?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_0442.PNG
Views: 13
Size:  349.2 KB

Nope. Though it would make something to talk about in your statement, if you wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Very few universities (e.g. Sheffield) may give a lower offer on a course if you get a certain grade in the EPQ, most however don't.

It's a good thing to include in a personal statement and to talk about in an interview (if your unis give you one) and some unis consider it in the application process.

You might want to contact your universities or look at bit deeper into their admission process on their website to check their stance on the EPQ.

I'm doing it this year mainly for the personal statement as it shows skills and interest in the topic. I haven't found it to be time consuming at all really if I'm honest and it definitely hasn't subtracted any time from my A Levels and while parts of it are boring (such as the literature review) I have found it interesting (I'm doing a biomed topic).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.