Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does the school call your parents if your absent? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 13 and my school has this rule that if you're gonna be absent than you have to email your form tutor before 8:30. Does that mean they won't contact your parents?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as long as you email them and your teachers explaining why you're not in before 8:30 then they'll accept that. However, at my school the people who regularly had a "migraine" or an "appointment" at the same time every week had their parents called to confirm their reason.

If you're doing this to skive out of a lesson, for one just don't do it, but if you really have to, don't make it a regular thing because they will catch on.

But for a one-off genuine reason of absence then no they won't call your parents. But the way you're phrasing this makes it seem like you're going to be doing something you don't want your parents knowing about, which is pretty suspicious. Whatever it is, I hoe it isn't illegal or dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael stanley)
    I'm in year 13 and my school has this rule that if your gonna be absent than you have to email your form tutor before 8:30. Does that mean they won't contact your parents?
    They’ll contact the cops instead. Expect a knock on the door soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Yeah, as long as you email them and your teachers explaining why you're not in before 8:30 then they'll accept that. However, at my school the people who regularly had a "migraine" or an "appointment" at the same time every week had their parents called to confirm their reason.

If you're doing this to skive out of a lesson, for one just don't do it, but if you really have to, don't make it a regular thing because they will catch on.

But for a one-off genuine reason of absence then no they won't call your parents. But the way you're phrasing this makes it seem like you're going to be doing something you don't want your parents knowing about, which is pretty suspicious. Whatever it is, I hoe it isn't illegal or dangerous.
    The only reason I don't want to go school is because I have no lessons today so it would be a waste of time. I'll only do it today. I already emailed my form tutor.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I don't want to go school is because I have no lessons today so it would be a waste of time. I'll only do it today. I already emailed my form tutor.
    Your school would probably pick up on that fact you've conveniently called in sick on a day you have study periods, but tbh it depends on how strict your school is.

As long as you're doing your work at home;

ReputationRep:
    I have one day that I have no lessons, and even if I have homework, I complete it in the first lesson or in the first 2 lessons, and then spend the rest of the day bored

ReputationRep:
    Your school would probably pick up on that fact you've conveniently called in sick on a day you have study periods, but tbh it depends on how strict your school is.

As long as you're doing your work at home;
    I haven't missed a single day of school this year so I'm presuming they won't catch on. I'm just gonna do some past papers my teacher gave me

ReputationRep:
    I haven't missed a single day of school this year so I'm presuming they won't catch on. I'm just gonna do some past papers my teacher gave me
    I'm assuming you have 5-6 hours of lesson time a day, so make sure you do that amount of work at home.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you have 5-6 hours of lesson time a day, so make sure you do that amount of work at home.
    Yeah I'll do some homework and past papers. My form tutor emailed me back and my absent has been authorised.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They might give you a detention for improper use of "your".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.