The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
I doubt it will make any difference whatsoever.

So will the college just ignore that the first page has no answers and mark my circled answers with my working outs? I'm really anxious since I did well and don't want this to affect my application :/
Reply 21
Original post by bazinga19
So will the college just ignore that the first page has no answers and mark my circled answers with my working outs? I'm really anxious since I did well and don't want this to affect my application :/

In Section 2, did you indicate the correct answer somewhere, and show your working?

If so they will mark it.

"Unless otherwise indicated, marks will only be awarded for correct answers if these are accompanied by working or reasoning justifying the answer chosen."
Original post by Doonesbury
In Section 2, did you indicate the correct answer somewhere, and show your working?

If so they will mark it.

"Unless otherwise indicated, marks will only be awarded for correct answers if these are accompanied by working or reasoning justifying the answer chosen."

Yes I circled the answers for each question. But for example for Section 1 if you didn't shade the answers you would get zero as they are marked by a computer. Are these marked by the college?
You'll be alright as long as you didn't get literally 1.0 in all sections, which I doubt.
Reply 24
Original post by bazinga19
Yes I circled the answers for each question. But for example for Section 1 if you didn't shade the answers you would get zero as they are marked by a computer. Are these marked by the college?

Section 2 is manually marked by the college afaik. But even so I expect they'd also manually mark Section 1 if the computer can't read the answer sheet.
Original post by CormaniF
Good morning,
I did the Cambridge pre interview Natural Science assessment (NSAA) and it went bad. Is still there a chance I'll be invited for the interview?

So were you invited?
Original post by Doones
No problem at all. And I have a chart somewhere showing the spread of marks for applicants Vs offer holders for the ENGAA (Engineering). I'll dig it out asap. All the AAs will show a similar profile.

PS. My son is already at Cambridge (Engineering) and started before these assessments came in. But he did do STEP so I know what "hard" feels like for a DC and a parent... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, I Just took the ENGAA exam for Cambridge engineering and I messed it up real bad. I didnt answer half of the first part by mistake. Is there a chance that Ill be invited for interview?
Im living in Asia ATM and have 5a* for my prediction. I really need this interview - would they consider me?
Conversely, I know somebody who got full marks on their admissions test, got an interview but was eventually rejected. The admissions tests don't mean everything!!
Original post by inspiringcolours
Conversely, I know somebody who got full marks on their admissions test, got an interview but was eventually rejected. The admissions tests don't mean everything!!

Thank you thats more reassuring.
Do you happen to know how they give out invitations for an interview? I hope the pre interview assessment dont take up much of the interview decisions.
Original post by Yejuuuuuun
Thank you thats more reassuring.
Do you happen to know how they give out invitations for an interview? I hope the pre interview assessment dont take up much of the interview decisions.

it varies massively between departments but you should be able to find something for your subject on the department websites
Original post by inspiringcolours

How does one simply get full marks in these admission tests?
How and what are they revising omdz
Original post by Yejuuuuuun
Hello, I Just took the ENGAA exam for Cambridge engineering and I messed it up real bad. I didnt answer half of the first part by mistake. Is there a chance that Ill be invited for interview?
Im living in Asia ATM and have 5a* for my prediction. I really need this interview - would they consider me?

I took the NSAA and when I tell you that I flopped my assessment test, I mean that I took 1 hour doing 10 questions and then realised that I only had 20 minutes to do THE REST 38 questions...
I- KMN
Thankfully it was multiple choice lmao
Original post by ash.2000
How does one simply get full marks in these admission tests?
How and what are they revising omdz

It was the Oxford CLAT paper. It isn't impossible with that particular paper (I'd done a few before picking Cambridge and I got around 80% in my first paper) but obviously, this is only this paper and it varies massively between courses and the two universities. I know that the average for the NatSci paper at Cam is high 40s/low 50s!
Original post by Doones
Here's that ENGAA chart:
ENGAA - S1 - Apps v Offers.jpg

The spread of marks for Offer holders is 1.6 to 9.0
And the coefficient of correlation for Scores and Offers is 0.39 (that's officially "weak").

Do you have a nsaa version of this chart?
Original post by Yan12345
Do you have a nsaa version of this chart?

This thread is 5 years old and the quoted post (and chart) is 4 years old - and the NSAA has changed format since that time. Please don't bump old threads! Make a new post instead :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending