Glasgow vs York vs Leeds for Law LLB Watch

Ally yu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
They are all 3 As, can anyone rank them in order of which you think is best?
Does anyone have any experience at these unis? Thanks )
Insecable
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well first off, are you interested in Scottish law or English law? Both countries have different legal systems. If you can make that decision, it should narrow down your options a little.
law_geek17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Ally,

As Insecable says - the law systems are different, so if you studied Scots Law at Glasgow and did your professional diploma in Scotland, you'd be qualified to work in Scotland, but you'd need to do a conversion course to practise in England (and visa versa with working in Scotland if you studied at York or Leeds). However, Glasgow also offers a Common Law LLB, which is apparently a qualifying degree for practicing in England or Scotland - or further afield.

I'm doing my DPLP (Diploma in Professional Legal Practice) at Glasgow at the moment (which is a step up work-wise from the LLB, but necessary in order to be able to practise as a solicitor in Scotland). Around half or more of my fellow DPLP students are Glasgow LLB graduates, so they must think the Uni's doing something right to stay on!
JackinJingshan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
So what did you end up picking? I'm a New Zealander currently trying to decide between graduate-entry common law llbs at Glasgow and York... Or scots at edinburgh... But Im prob better off going with common law. I.e. Glasgow vs. York...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?