Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They are all 3 As, can anyone rank them in order of which you think is best?
    Does anyone have any experience at these unis? Thanks )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well first off, are you interested in Scottish law or English law? Both countries have different legal systems. If you can make that decision, it should narrow down your options a little.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ally,

As Insecable says - the law systems are different, so if you studied Scots Law at Glasgow and did your professional diploma in Scotland, you'd be qualified to work in Scotland, but you'd need to do a conversion course to practise in England (and visa versa with working in Scotland if you studied at York or Leeds). However, Glasgow also offers a Common Law LLB, which is apparently a qualifying degree for practicing in England or Scotland - or further afield.

I'm doing my DPLP (Diploma in Professional Legal Practice) at Glasgow at the moment (which is a step up work-wise from the LLB, but necessary in order to be able to practise as a solicitor in Scotland). Around half or more of my fellow DPLP students are Glasgow LLB graduates, so they must think the Uni's doing something right to stay on!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.