Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    As I'm sure you're all aware, 2017 saw record numbers of applications for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Sciences https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...l-schools-ucas. With applications far-outstripping the number of available places, there will obviously be a lot of disappointed applicants, so let's talk 'Plan Bs'.
    - Is it a case of "Med School or bust" to the point where you would consider retakes, reapplying elsewhere, maybe after a gap year? Whatever it takes!
    - Would you consider a Med School overseas?
    - Or are there Biomed courses which would float your boat?
    - Is Nursing an option?
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts!
    Tim

ReputationRep:
    Reapply, providing I get AAA minimum, preferably A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother retaking exams as most universities don't consider them, I'd probably reapply if I got AAA or above at A Level
    I wouldn't go overseas as it's just too far away really
    I applied to Edinburgh for neuroscience (I like that specific area more than biomedical sciences in general) so if I don't get the grades, hopefully that will be a good fall back
    I wouldn't apply to nursing, mainly because I know I'd always wish I was a doctor instead
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that feedback mosam00 and JennLousie and interesting to hear the neuroscience idea. Best of luck in your exams and look forward to hearing everyone else's Plan Bs! Tim

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be applying as a graduate so plan B is to not quite my day job (assuming I'll have one then) and reapply the next year, after trying to figure out what went wrong.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha. Love it. I guess a paid job's not a bad safety net at all! Best of luck though, T
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.