Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best way to get the iPhone x in my situation? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)
    So I pay £38pm currently for my phone, in addition to three other phone contracts that come up to £83pm from my own pocket. I’m looking to get the iPhone x without the sim, and preferably, cheaper than what it is.

If I get it from very, for example, I’d pay £45.95pm for 20months. The main issue here is that I’ll essentially be paying £80+ for one phone (sim + device) which is too much for me - especially considering I’m a student.

I can’t afford to pay for the phone upfront, nor am I willing to since generally, I wait a few months and get a phone cheaper.

I need a new phone right now (note the use of the term ‘need’). Are there any smarter ways I can go about getting the x?
    ee and o2 do 20% discount on contracts and free 500 mb of data each month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)
    So I pay £38pm currently for my phone, in addition to three other phone contracts that come up to £83pm from my own pocket. I’m looking to get the iPhone x without the sim, and preferably, cheaper than what it is.

If I get it from very, for example, I’d pay £45.95pm for 20months. The main issue here is that I’ll essentially be paying £80+ for one phone (sim + device) which is too much for me - especially considering I’m a student.

I can’t afford to pay for the phone upfront, nor am I willing to since generally, I wait a few months and get a phone cheaper.

I need a new phone right now (note the use of the term ‘need’). Are there any smarter ways I can go about getting the x?
    The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are both very similar to the X - same processor, basically the same cameras (for the Plus), same wireless charging etc. etc. If you can't afford the X, get the 8 (or indeed the 7, which is still very capable).
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)
    Typing error - I meant £49.95 excluding interest.
    And what's the interest rate?

The solution here is to stop trying to live above your means, to be honest. If you can't afford the phone without resorting to a place like Very, then you shouldn't be aiming for that phone. If you're determined to have a one then take more hours at work, cut out some luxuries, do what you need to do in order to walk into an Apple shop next year and hand over a wad of cash. Don't indebt yourself for the sake of a phone you'll want to upgrade next year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    "Don't go broke trying to look rich"
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)
    in addition to three other phone contracts that come up to £83pm from my own pocket.
    (Original post by _howl)
    Not your concern
    Then why list it in your OP? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    You dont "need" a new phone, you want one.

If you needed one you would have bought one already, and probably bought a cheaper one since you clearly cant afford the X.

I want the X but personally cant justify it, but the more I see the more I want.
    Need to just stick with my iPhone 7 lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.