Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Making a move on a first date Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a date tonight with a girl I matched with on tinder. She is a friend of a friend and according to our mutual friend she thinks I look good and likes me so I asked her out for a drink. We're going for cocktails so alcohol might make things easier but I never notice the hints to make a move and I haven't been on many dates. Is it fine to make a move on a first date and how should I do it? Also if I make a move would it be ok to invite her back to mine or would that be too forward?

ReputationRep:
    Invite her bad to your of course.

(Original post by michael1010)
    I have a date tonight with a girl I matched with on tinder. She is a friend of a friend and according to our mutual friend she thinks I look good and likes me so I asked her out for a drink. We're going for cocktails so alcohol might make things easier but I never notice the hints to make a move and I haven't been on many dates. Is it fine to make a move on a first date and how should I do it? Also if I make a move would it be ok to invite her back to mine or would that be too forward?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Go with the flow. If things are stale or boring, it wouldn't make sense to lean in for a kiss or to touch her arm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Go with the flow. If things are stale or boring, it wouldn't make sense to lean in for a kiss or to touch her arm.
    Yeah fair enough but if the date is going well, how should I go about making a move and should I do it in the bar or wait until we are outside and alone?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah fair enough but if the date is going well, how should I go about making a move and should I do it in the bar or wait until we are outside and alone?
    It's a first date, I really wouldn't be concerned about making moves. For all you know, she might not be comfortable with that so early on. Get to know her more and enjoy yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's a first date, I really wouldn't be concerned about making moves. For all you know, she might not be comfortable with that so early on. Get to know her more and enjoy yourself.
    Fair enough but most people are comfortable with at least a kiss on a first date. We are going on a date and she was the one that said she liked me and thought I looked good so surely that means she's interested which would give you the impression that she will probably be happy for something to happen between us tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Ohh thanks. At least someone gets it. If someone did that to be i will be so happy of course

ReputationRep:
    Wait outside and do it. Much better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.