Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, so admissions tests were yesterday, and I have nooo idea how well I did. My question is, are people going to be preparing for the interview from now on? I'm just unsure as I have absolutely no idea whether or not I'll get an interview, and although I absolutely love discussing and reading around my chosen subject, I don't want to dedicate a huge chunk of time to preparing for an interview that I may not actually get? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I am - I don't think I will have got one because I don't think the TSA went that well, but I'd be even more mad with myself if I didn't prep anything and then ended up getting called
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Please start preparing... it helps trust me! even if you don't expect to get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep, prepare. View the videos. Re-read your written work. Read around/listen to blogs/radio/watch tv. My admissions test was mediocre. My interviews went well because, I think, my interest/passion came out. Now I’m in Oxford trying to relearn everything I thought I knew about critical reading and essay writing. I think THAT is why the interviews matter, especially in humanities, as the adjustment is huge and they are looking for the flexibility and commitment needed to adapt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonOfAGeek)
    Yep, prepare. View the videos. Re-read your written work. Read around/listen to blogs/radio/watch tv. My admissions test was mediocre. My interviews went well because, I think, my interest/passion came out. Now I’m in Oxford trying to relearn everything I thought I knew about critical reading and essay writing. I think THAT is why the interviews matter, especially in humanities, as the adjustment is huge and they are looking for the flexibility and commitment needed to adapt.
    Thank you so much for this - it's really motivated me

ReputationRep:
    I think I did fairly well on the HAT - so I'm going to probably work on interview prep. I'm just planning on rereading written work, rereading books on my personal statement, and reading some historiography books. I'm not going to get too enamored in it, because I don't want to sideline school work and get too focused on interviews if they don't happen..

ReputationRep:
    All I can is that get ready, because they are going to ask you a lot of random ****!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.