Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I finish taking my pill on a Monday and my pill free week starts on Tuesdays , my period comes at about 7am on Friday mornings and it is now 10:15 am this Friday morning, i usually take my pills at half 7 every morning and my last pill I didn't take til 10 that night , is it not going to come or is it just late because I did this , been on time all month will my pill taking and intercourse was protected

ReputationRep:
    I'd give it a few days then look into taking a test...Personally i wouldn't call it late until it's been over a day at the minimum

ReputationRep:
    If you’re on the pill it’s not even a real period - doesn’t mean anything. It’s a few hours late? Not sure what the worry is?

ReputationRep:
    I'm more surprised that your bleed usually times itself to a certain hour. That's impressive and certainly not normal. Don't worry. If it's 2+ days late then you can question and if you miss it entirely then take a test.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I had to re-read the title. A few hours late? You're worrying over nothing. Even on the pill your hormones can get wacky. I start my pill break on a Wednesday and always used to get my period Sunday mornings. But the last couple have decided to arrive Saturday mornings/during the day. It's nothing to be concerned about if it changes by a few hours or a day.

You're worrying yourself over nothing by fretting over the hours. If your period doesn't arrive after 3 days, then count it as late. As an above poster said, it's not an actual period. You've had protected sex and you've taken your pill as you should be doing.

If you completely miss it, then take a test but tbh you're over-reacting. Be happy you get a few extra hours of no period!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.