The Student Room Group

Is my application strong enough for a reduced/unconditional offer?

This is a list for all the stuff I wrote about on my personal statement :
-My work experience at a hospital
-My D of E gold expedition
-I completed the Manchester access program
-I'm captain of my community centers football team and member of the Cross Country team
-I co-write the script for a YouTube fitness channel
- Member of the equality and diversity committee and my local sixth-form
- A student and science ambassador and was Head boy at my high school

I linked all of these things to the skills a physiotherapist needs and how I exhibit them. Is my offer strong enough to get a reduced/unconditional offer at university of Salford. I'm also 1 grade below their required predicted grades.
Original post by RogueAlpha022
This is a list for all the stuff I wrote about on my personal statement :
-My work experience at a hospital
-My D of E gold expedition
-I completed the Manchester access program
-I'm captain of my community centers football team and member of the Cross Country team
-I co-write the script for a YouTube fitness channel
- Member of the equality and diversity committee and my local sixth-form
- A student and science ambassador and was Head boy at my high school

I linked all of these things to the skills a physiotherapist needs and how I exhibit them. Is my offer strong enough to get a reduced/unconditional offer at university of Salford. I'm also 1 grade below their required predicted grades.

Given that the course is so competitive (it has a 10% offer rate), they're likely to have enough applicants with extra-curricular activities who meet the grades, tbh. Your chances of an unconditional offer are pretty much zero, I would say. Regarding a reduced offer, it seems unlikely - probably only if you go to a really awful school with terrible exam results, where you're seen to be exceeding expectations of students there.

If you get an offer at all, it is likely to be at the grade requirements. Medical courses pretty much never have reduced offers, because there are just so many applicants.

Your extra-curriculars are good, but apart from the fitness channel, they don't relate directly to your course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending