Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi;

when i had been eat nerves calmer food, first time it was working perfect, imediatly i was getting calming but now neither working;

i dont know, why ? but i know exactly, thati still have depression;

neither nuts, neither seeds which has b and e vitamins now doesn't work me to
    also dont work omega 3 ;
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grichika)
    hi;

when i had been eat nerves calmer food, first time it was working perfect, imediatly i was getting calming but now neither working;

i dont know, why ? but i know exactly, thati still have depression;

neither nuts, neither seeds which has b and e vitamins now doesn't work me to
    also dont work omega 3 ;
    Calming or comforting foods don't fix emotional issues, they sometimes give momentary comfort.
    If you believe you have an issue like depression food is not going to fix that. It's a problem with your brain and your emotions and food just won't change that.
    Using that in conjunction with reducing stresses in your life, getting good sleep, getting fresh air etc might help, but you probably need to change how you're thinking more than what you're doing. Often that means therapy or counselling.
    Depression feeds off negative though patterns and a big part of getting rid of the feeling of depression is fixing those negative thought patterns. Food can't do that for you- it's something you need to look into, find and work out how to change. A counsellor can help you with that, but it needs to be you that does it.

I hope that makes sense and helps a bit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.