Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    No excuses, I ran a red light yesterday - stupid I know. There was no car on the street so nobody got hurt.

There was a camera on a pole and I´m not sure if it is a red light camera. It was a small grey one.

Can you help me, please? Name:  IMG_9178.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  94.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid there's not much you can do at this point.

Either the camera was on or it wasn't.

You've just got to wait and see if you get a letter in the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    I'm afraid there's not much you can do at this point.

Either the camera was on or it wasn't.

You've just got to wait and see if you get a letter in the post.
    But is this a red light camera or not?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annica92)
    Hey
    No excuses, I ran a red light yesterday - stupid I know. There was no car on the street so nobody got hurt.

There was a camera on a pole and I´m not sure if it is a red light camera. It was a small grey one.

Can you help me, please? Name:  IMG_9178.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  94.7 KB
    The picture you've shown us is a street camera.

I do not in any way sympathise with your red light jumping though, even if no one was around! Imagine if a little kid ran out to cross the road and you hit them!

ReputationRep:
    What was your reason for running it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    The picture you've shown us is a street camera.

I do not in any way sympathise with your red light jumping though, even if no one was around! Imagine if a little kid ran out to cross the road and you hit them!
    Thanks!

I know that and kids can do that all the time, but there was no pedestrian overpath.
    I really didn't want to do that and believe me - I don't sympathise with running red lights, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    What was your reason for running it?
    I just didn't noticed there was a traffic light, because there was a lorry which was parking in front of it. While I was overtaking it I saw the red light, but it was too late to stop the car...

ReputationRep:
    If the lorry was actually parked in front of it, not just stopped for the light, then it isn't really your fault, but try to be more aware of your surroundings in future while driving...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just wait for a letter in the post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpus Maximus)
    If the lorry was actually parked in front of it, not just stopped for the light, then it isn't really your fault, but try to be more aware of your surroundings in future while driving...
    It definitely was parking, because there was no one sitting in it.
    I will!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldenLotus)
    Just wait for a letter in the post
    So do you think there will be definitely be one?

ReputationRep:
    I have done this a couple of times purely by accident, I haven’t had any ramifications as of yet. You will just have to wait and see I am afraid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    I have done this a couple of times purely by accident, I haven’t had any ramifications as of yet. You will just have to wait and see I am afraid!
    Do you know if street cameras like this are also for catching cars that are running a red light?

ReputationRep:
    So do you think there will be definitely be one?
    idk but there's no point worrying about something you can't change. if you get a fine then pay it, if you don't then great.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if street cameras like this are also for catching cars that are running a red light?
    It's a CCTV camera, not an RLC. Don't worry about it, just don't do it again.

ReputationRep:
    I really don’t know, but I have done this at fairly busy/major road junctions and have been fine. It’s more a risk if a police officer saw you doing it which you would probably know by now!

ReputationRep:
    just have to hope it wasn't on I am wishing it wasn't

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.