The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

University of Brighton 2018 Applicants

Hi,
I noticed there wasn't a thread yet for Brighton 2018 (or at least one I could find), so I decided to make one! Brighton isn't my first choice admittedly but I really want to meet other people who are applying

Following the general structure of these threads, fill out the form so people can get to know a bit about you

Name:
Course:
Predicted Grades:
Other Universities:
Why you like Brighton:

Also if you have already received an offer let us know!

As for me,

Name: Monstrous (internet safety lol)
Course: Political Science
Predicted Grades: ABB (though tbh they've changed 5 times this year)
Other Universities: Birmingham, Lancaster, Cardiff, Leicester, and I'm also applying to the Netherlands which is my first choice :smile:
Why you like Brighton: I love the city, it seems super friendly and also exciting, and the course is great

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MonstrousColonel
Hi,
I noticed there wasn't a thread yet for Brighton 2018 (or at least one I could find), so I decided to make one! Brighton isn't my first choice admittedly but I really want to meet other people who are applying

Following the general structure of these threads, fill out the form so people can get to know a bit about you

Name:
Course:
Predicted Grades:
Other Universities:
Why you like Brighton:

Also if you have already received an offer let us know!

As for me,

Name: Monstrous (internet safety lol)
Course: Political Science
Predicted Grades: ABB (though tbh they've changed 5 times this year)
Other Universities: Birmingham, Lancaster, Cardiff, Leicester, and I'm also applying to the Netherlands which is my first choice :smile:
Why you like Brighton: I love the city, it seems super friendly and also exciting, and the course is great

I might think of applying to Brighton. I'm from London but I have close people living in Brighton so maybe I might want to study out of London. 🤔
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by ILuvFood1234
I might think of applying to Brighton. I'm from London but I have close people living in Brighton so maybe I might want to study out of London. 🤔

What course do you want to study?
Original post by MonstrousColonel
What course do you want to study?

Psychology
Reply 4
Name: Abby
Course: Graphic Design
Predicted grades: AAA
Other Universities: Uni of brighton, Uni of portsmouth, Uni of falmouth, York st johns uni
Why you like Brighton: When I went to the openday everyone was friendly, the city was welcoming and had many places to go and theres fresh doughnuts so thats a win win for me
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Name: Scott

Course: Computer Science

Predicted grades: D*D*D

Why Brighton? I’m not sure really. Haven’t been able to visit, but I like the look of it. It being an LGBT friendly city is a plus.
Reply 6
Course: Biomedical Science

Received an offer yesterday for BBC but unconditional if firm (it took 12 days for the offer to come through!)

I've never visited Brighton but will be heading down there for an applicant day!
UCAS is about to be sent off and I picked Brighton to study Law, have fellow friends who say it's a real chill environment there and studying is also good.

Predicted: BBB with also a B in EPQ which I achieved last year.

Could anyone tell me any information on Brighton? Like how's the uni life like? Is it sociable?
Name: Millie
Course: Environmental Science
Predicted Grades: BBB (Though honestly im so **** at Biology)
Other Universities: Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bangor and Kingston (offered me an unconditional but i haven't been there yet so idk)
Why you like Brighton: I know the city and love it. Its fairly close to home but far enough that i can be independant. The course looks great, the trips are awesome and the department recently had an update so thats pretty cool. Also i'm still in the closet and live in a small, very conservative village so it seems like a good place to get to know myself and meet some like minded people :smile:
Original post by FF98
Name: Scott

Course: Computer Science

Predicted grades: D*D*D

Why Brighton? I’m not sure really. Haven’t been able to visit, but I like the look of it. It being an LGBT friendly city is a plus.

I'm the same as you on that front tbh ☺️
Reply 10
Name: Chloe
Course: Criminology
Predicted Grades: ABB
Other Universities: Surrey, Lincoln, Swansea, Birmingham City
Why you like Brighton: I've visiting Brighton a couple of times and the area looks very nice and student-friendly.
Name: Jerome
Course: Biomedical science
I am from Northern Ireland
I received an offer on Saturday for BBC but unconditional if firm and I made it firm today.
Never been to Brighton or anywhere in England so its gonna be a great adventure for me.
excited :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by haylese
Course: Biomedical Science

Received an offer yesterday for BBC but unconditional if firm (it took 12 days for the offer to come through!)

I've never visited Brighton but will be heading down there for an applicant day!

yeah I got the same offer
Original post by Hey_itsJerome
Name: Jerome
Course: Biomedical science
I am from Northern Ireland
I received an offer on Saturday for BBC but unconditional if firm and I made it firm today.
Never been to Brighton or anywhere in England so its gonna be a great adventure for me.
excited :smile:

Brighton is pretty sick, i don't know anyone personally who doesnt like it. The lanes are the best :wink:
Original post by AtomicPlaty
Brighton is pretty sick, i don't know anyone personally who doesnt like it. The lanes are the best :wink:

That’s good then I may go to one of those applicant days to see how it’s liek
How long did Brighton take to get back to you guys? I sent mine off two days ago and thought I'd be relieved to get it out the way but I'm actually a nervous wreck at the moment lol
Why did you make them ur firm choice?
Reply 17
I got my offer last night. DMM, or unconditional if firmed. It took 6 days from the Uni confirming my application (10 days from submitting my UCAS).

I’m going to head down for an open/applicant day, as soon as I can.
Original post by FF98
I got my offer last night. DMM, or unconditional if firmed. It took 6 days from the Uni confirming my application (10 days from submitting my UCAS).

I’m going to head down for an open/applicant day, as soon as I can.

Wait so after u made it firm choice it took 6 days for them to confirm ur unconditional off er?
Reply 19
Original post by Hey_itsJerome
Wait so after u made it firm choice it took 6 days for them to confirm ur unconditional off er?

No. I’m still waiting to hear back from some Unis, so not allowed to make decisions. The offer says “This is subject to you obtaining Distinction Merit Merit. If, when deciding where to study, you select us as your firm option, we will amend this conditional offer to unconditional”.

Quick Reply

Latest