The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

University of Brighton 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Heyyy! I just received an offer for the MA Illustration course! I'm having a real tough time choosing between Brighton and Kingston. ANy suggestions?

Original post by elliebon
hey my name is ellie! just firmed my offer for illustration at brighton. anyone else at grand parade?~
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by FrenchesOP
Hi! I'm a 2017 applicant for Brighton, currently doing my first year of Applied Psychology.
I can't recommend Brighton enough.
I live in Varley Park, and it is ridiculously social. Everyone knows everyone. The rooms are really good and spacious.
I study on the Falmer campus, and it is very social and just peaceful to be around. The lecture halls and seminar rooms are comfy, which makes it easy to concentrate.
Being able to get a free 30 minute bus right into the heart of Brighton is probably the best part about it. A huge shopping centre, the pier and the lanes make it especially nice.

Hi! I was just wondering if you could answer a few questions for me!
I'll be studying Digital Film in September at Brighton, and recently it just got moved from being taught at Mouslecoomb to Grande Parade. In terms of accommodation, do you think it's worth me leaving varley park as my first option? I know it's not super close to GP but it's the biggest and probably the most easiest to get into. Or do you think I should put Phoenix Brewery as my first option? I'm pretty sure it's super hard to get into but I know of course it's closer to my course campus and the city centre.

Also, would the buses be free from Varley Park to Grande Parade?
Name: Daisy
Course: Media and English Literature
Predicted Grades: ABB
Other Universities: Liverpool, Sussex, Oxford Brookes and another course at Brighton :smile:
Why you like Brighton: I love the area and want to live there one day, and it's very liberal and open-minded like me :biggrin:
Original post by FF98
Name: Scott

Course: Computer Science

Predicted grades: D*D*D

Why Brighton? I’m not sure really. Haven’t been able to visit, but I like the look of it. It being an LGBT friendly city is a plus.

Did you get into uni ?
Original post by daisygjrl
Name: Daisy
Course: Psychology
Predicted Grades: BBC (biology is kicking my ass lol)
Other Universities: Portsmouth, Kings, Greenwich, Sussex
Why you like Brighton: It's got a super cool vibe and I know people who go, who love it there

waddup yo i sent my application today, just waiting on brighton to hopefully come thru:s-smilie:

How did it go :smile: ?
Original post by ellie.1999
Name: Ellie
Course:
Business Management with Human Resource Management and Placement Year

Predicted Grades: BCC
Other Universities: Manchester Met (but really want to go to Brighton!)
Why you like Brighton: So much to do and not too far away from where I live

They are asking for BBC , really worried I won't get this :frown:

How did it go????
Hi, I've got an offer to study biomedical science with foundation year at Brighton but I unfortunatley missed the open day (I was unwell) so, wasn't able to see the uni or meet any of the staff/students. If anyone's been could you please tell me how you found it?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Does anyone here have an accommodation offer and if so is anyone looking for a swap? If so get in touch by replying to this and we can exchange contact details :smile:.
Reply 108
Original post by CactusSteve
Does anyone here have an accommodation offer and if so is anyone looking for a swap? If so get in touch by replying to this and we can exchange contact details :smile:.

I got Varley Park Upland .what did you get?
Got Great Wilkins, Falmer.
Applied for Paramedics this week through Clearing at Brighton.
I hope I get it - been working over the last few years to get myself ready for this.
Hey anyone else heard back from accommodation?? Or going to be studying psychology??
Original post by LucyG99
Name: Lucy
Course: Physical Education
Predicted Grades: Distinction, Distinction, B
Other Universities:
Why you like Brighton: Thought it was a lovely place and the people at the University were really friendly.
I’m staying at the Eastbourne campus just wondered if anyone else was to??

Name: Emma
Hi, I’m going to chose Brighton through clearing; my course is International Tourism Management and I’ll be in a uni home at Eastbourne, which I think was roughly £120 a week?
Anyone else going to be in a uni home?
Original post by science_geeks
Hi, I've got an offer to study biomedical science with foundation year at Brighton but I unfortunately missed the open day (I was unwell) so, wasn't able to see the uni or meet any of the staff/students. If anyone's been could you please tell me how you found it?

Thanks in advance :smile:

I have just finished my first year in Biomedical Sciences at Brighton and I think the course there is great! The uni is also good in my opinion and I think Brighton has many facilities for the course! Hope you like it when/if you choose to come to Brighton! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 114
Name: Shaon
Going to be doing Biology at Brighton this year and have received an offer for accommodation but its a 50 week contract, longer than I'm willing to pay for. The full details are:

Great Wilkins Block B
En suite
Self-catered
15/09/2018 to 31/08/2019
£7,200 over the entire year

Looking for anything that's 39 weeks and has an en suite, preferably catered but I'm still not really sure.
I have the same accommodation and trying to do the same :/
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by KShaon
Name: Shaon
Going to be doing Biology at Brighton this year and have received an offer for accommodation but its a 50 week contract, longer than I'm willing to pay for. The full details are:

Great Wilkins Block B
En suite
Self-catered
15/09/2018 to 31/08/2019
£7,200 over the entire year

Looking for anything that's 39 weeks and has an en suite, preferably catered but I'm still not really sure.

I have the same accommodation and trying to do the same :/. Same flat aswell.
Reply 117
Original post by CactusSteve
I have the same accommodation and trying to do the same :/. Same flat aswell.

Once everyone has their results and offers we'll hopefully get more people wanting to swap
Original post by KShaon
Once everyone has their results and offers we'll hopefully get more people wanting to swap

Waiting on that. Hopefully people are wanting to stay over summer 🤞🏼
Original post by Random_Student
I have just finished my first year in Biomedical Sciences at Brighton and I think the course there is great! The uni is also good in my opinion and I think Brighton has many facilities for the course! Hope you like it when/if you choose to come to Brighton! Good luck! :smile:

Thank you! :smile: Glad you had a good first year. What would you say was the hardest aspect of your course? I'm just really worried that I won't be able to cope with the course as it progresses and last thing I want is to fail!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending