The Student Room Group

Medicine reference ucas help

Anyone able to help I’m thinking about ucas for next year obviously I’m self taught gcses externally by myself and I did my A levels many years ago
I’m applying to Medicine and I’m self employed so I don’t know who will be able to write my reference...

Any ideas What to do please
Hmmm that's a toughie.

Can I ask what job you are self employed in? I assume your best bet is anyone who you may work with in your job-potential customers, investors, etc. Your other bet may be if you do volunteering (which is highly desired by medical schools for A-level applicants), to ask if anyone who supervises you on that.

I'd also ask the medical schools you are thinking of applying to, as they might offer suggestions of who they expect to receive a reference from.
Reply 2
Original post by QuentinM
Hmmm that's a toughie.

Can I ask what job you are self employed in? I assume your best bet is anyone who you may work with in your job-potential customers, investors, etc. Your other bet may be if you do volunteering (which is highly desired by medical schools for A-level applicants), to ask if anyone who supervises you on that.

I'd also ask the medical schools you are thinking of applying to, as they might offer suggestions of who they expect to receive a reference from.

I am volunteering at a hospital but I just turn up whenever I am free and talk to patients in wards no one really supervises I just sign in and out of the volunteers office. I could ask them potentially

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending