Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone able to help I’m thinking about ucas for next year obviously I’m self taught gcses externally by myself and I did my A levels many years ago
    I’m applying to Medicine and I’m self employed so I don’t know who will be able to write my reference...

Any ideas What to do please

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm that's a toughie.

Can I ask what job you are self employed in? I assume your best bet is anyone who you may work with in your job-potential customers, investors, etc. Your other bet may be if you do volunteering (which is highly desired by medical schools for A-level applicants), to ask if anyone who supervises you on that.

I'd also ask the medical schools you are thinking of applying to, as they might offer suggestions of who they expect to receive a reference from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuentinM)
    Hmmm that's a toughie.

Can I ask what job you are self employed in? I assume your best bet is anyone who you may work with in your job-potential customers, investors, etc. Your other bet may be if you do volunteering (which is highly desired by medical schools for A-level applicants), to ask if anyone who supervises you on that.

I'd also ask the medical schools you are thinking of applying to, as they might offer suggestions of who they expect to receive a reference from.
    I am volunteering at a hospital but I just turn up whenever I am free and talk to patients in wards no one really supervises I just sign in and out of the volunteers office. I could ask them potentially

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.