Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello everybody!
    I am new to this forum and I just would like to find out more about the 18+ photocard.
    Actually I am a PhD student from Italy but I am currently enrolled to a visiting student program at King's, for six month. I already have an ID number from the King's.
    So my is, am I eligible for oyster 18+ photocard?

    Thanking you in advance,
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Issy Geraldson)
    Yes, but just a warning, they take a long time to come. A lot of people at my London uni have been waiting for over 6 weeks.

    Also, how far do you live from the university? With the 18+ Oyster card, you only save money on weekly travel cards (so the same journey everyday), not individual journeys. So if you live within walking distance and will only be using the tube/bus every now and then, then it's not worth paying £20 for a student Oyster card.
    Thanks for your prompt reply!
    I am living in zone 3 and I've got to get the train every morning. So far, I got a monthly travel card, but I am trying to understand if it is worth getting a student oyster card....
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.