Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like to have some feedback on the pros and cons of studying a computer science MSc degree at UCL (Specifically interested in Data Science MSc).
    How is the CS department in terms of quality of teaching? I am an industry-oriented person and not looking forward to doing a phd after my masters... so it is important for me to gain both theoretical and technical knowledge from my masters course.
    Is UCL a good place for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RowanneK)
    I would like to have some feedback on the pros and cons of studying a computer science MSc degree at UCL (Specifically interested in Data Science MSc).
    How is the CS department in terms of quality of teaching? I am an industry-oriented person and not looking forward to doing a phd after my masters... so it is important for me to gain both theoretical and technical knowledge from my masters course.
    Is UCL a good place for me?
    I emailed UCL regarding something similar, I asked about opportunities to get involved within the industry and how they make up for a lack of a year in industry. this is the response I got:

"A large number of our undergraduate students arrange internships during the summer vacation period to gain work experience. Companies often target UCL students and the UCL Careers service can assist students to find internship opportunities, with the Engineering Faculty to which the Computer Science department belongs, also having a specific UCL Careers Engineering department to assist our students with internships.During their studies with UCL, students also have the opportunity to work on real life projects via some of the modules offered as part of the curriculum (for example COMP214P or How to Change the World programme taught as part of IEP)."

Hope this helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.