Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, Mi here, I have just received my predicted grades and I'm sooo happy with them xD . For a dyslexic, school has been reaaaally tough for me, but nonetheless I have come out with respecatable grades. I study media, bisness and mathematical studies, and I have predicted grades of DDE respecatably. I have always dreamt of Birmingham and I think I've got what it takes to get their.

With a respecatable personal statement and a cracking personality what chances do you think I have? Be honest! ty X

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, DDE is a bit lower than what Birmingham University tends to ask for. What course do you want to apply for? You might have a chance if your reference discusses your dyslexia and how bright you are. I think Birmingham would definitely let you on to a foundation course which is a one year preparation course which gives an introduction to your subject, and then makes it easier to get on to the general undergraduate course. If i were in your place, i would go on a foundation course at Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    If you’re referring to the University of Birmingham, it is highly unlikely that they would accept anyone with those sorts of predicted grades. DDE is commendable taking into account your circumstances but the entry requirements for all UOB courses are far higher than that, being the research intensive Russel Group that it is. You might have better luck applying for Aston or Birmingham City University.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.