Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving test on monday: roundabouts help Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im 17 and i am learning to drive. My lessons are going really well and my test is booked for 3:50pm on Monday, today is Friday. I am nervous but not nervous to the extent it would affect my driving during the test. My main problem is roundabouts, i find them easy when on them and leaving them such as the correct lane and signalling however with big roundabouts, joining them is my problem however only with the big ones the “ normal “ sized ones and smaller ones ive never had a problem. In my city (Derry) Northern Ireland there is two large roundabouts called Caw Roundabout and Altnagelvin Roundabout (smaller than caw however). Especially with caw roundabout which is 3 lanes, 4 exits i cant seem to know when to go out when its busy. Sometimes im great and theres a clear gap whilst others i think theres a gap and the cars beside me even go but my instructor dual breaks and tells me off☹️ i know sometimes that it wasnt a good gap and too quick however others i feel that i could of got out fast. I know how to tell gaps and to look for the direction of car wheels and their speed etc but is there anymore tips as i would hate to fail on the roundabout☹️. Ill insert a picture of caw roundabout. Name:  E60523D1-7F49-4FB3-B4F4-93B46D6FE664.jpg.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  33.6 KBName:  F8B9911E-5447-42C4-A4A6-11D94B60EC62.jpg.jpeg
Views: 19
Size:  38.1 KB
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Generally, if there's 3 lanes and yoy were approaching from say the southern most road,if you wanted to take the first left go in the far left, straight over so northern most exit, go in the middle lane, and if you're exiting to the east, go in the furthest right lane.

When you leave the exit make sure you are in the right lane so you don't have to cut across at the last minute, that would be needed if you were exiting east, you'd need to cut across to the middle lane. Do this when you get past the exit to the north.

You know the 12 o'clock rule, right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i know what lanes to be my problem is when to pull out to the traffic. No whats the 12 oclock rule🤔

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.