Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I seriously feel depressed like never before and the worst thing is i have no one to talk to about this. (19, female)

I have no friends and never actually had any proper friends in my life. I sometimes feel like i do not have the will to live anymore.

I feel like everything around me is crumbling down. My mum suffers from schizophrenia. I can no longer have meaningful conversations with her as she talks 'off' if you know what i mean.

My dad is trying to support us(my mum and 2 sisters +me) however even he is struggling. I can see that things are no longer the way they used to be in every aspect.

Right now i am working so my family can get enough money to extend our visa but the struggle is real.

I had an ok childhiood i suppose, but now as i am growing older, i am faced with more life difficulties. I hate the fact that we have to grow up and face the harsh reality of life

I just wish my life was normal. I wish i had friends and someone who would love me for being me.

I hate the fact that i have social anxiety, hence find it hard to build relationships with people i meet.

Most of the people i know, i do not talk with them properly. I only know them on a 'hi' to 'bye' basis.

Even at my work place, same old, same old. I want to have deep conversations with people not just a 'hi, how are you' and that's it thing.

I wish i could fulfill my dreams and aspirations in life but i feel like i have a long way to go. I feel like my dreams and aspirations to be a nurse and a musician one day are far fetched. I used to have keyboard lessons years ago but because of financial problems i had to stop. Now i know nothing about playing the keyboard as all the knowledge has gone out the window. I have to scratch from scratch now.

I do not know what to write anymore because i feel drained and find it hard to put my thoughts into words right now.

I do not know what to expect out of this, just wanted to share this if anybody cared

ReputationRep:
    Life isn't easy but we have to deal with it the best we can. Have you thought about talking to a professional about your depression and anxiety issues? It can help to talk to someone neutral.

Try talking to people each day. You can ask them one or two general questions, like what are their plans for weekend. As time goes on, aim to talk more to people. People will reply to you, and may start to initiate conversation with you in turn. With time, it will get easier.

Not is not too late to realise your dreams. Have you researched nursing courses in your area? Find ones that interest you and what are the entry requirements. When you have saved up enough money, go for it. As for the keyboard lessons, you could try to find a cheap teacher, or you can get online courses. Look for classes on Youtube - it is free and you can do it in your own time.

I know life seems like it sucks, but you can't give up. Keep going.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.