Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that I’m only 16 but I have this great idea of a book that I’d like to write
    it’s genre would be more of an autobiography/ self- improvement type of book but I don’t know how I would write it , where to write it and where to take it if I do write it and how to make people notice it ? I live in the Uk by the way
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildnatxox)
    I know that I’m only 16 but I have this great idea of a book that I’d like to write
    it’s genre would be more of an autobiography/ self- improvement type of book but I don’t know how I would write it , where to write it and where to take it if I do write it and how to make people notice it ? I live in the Uk by the way
    Wattpad.com is a great writing site, and it's free authors have started from scratch on it before, become well-known on the site, and have been published by various well known publishing houses

ReputationRep:
    writing a book... just put one word then another & repeat until you have enough words.

you can self-publish on Amazon ( other outlets are available ):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-acc...opic=200260520

ReputationRep:
    What about writing an e-book - you have more control over what you write, and then you can publicise it using social media.

ReputationRep:
    Hey gal
    as someone who's in a similar situation I can say, just write.
    I've had the same problem, didn't know where to write or when etc. I've came to the conclusion I'll write out the full story(ies) on word - simple. With drafts and ideas all over the place; it doesn't need to be perfect, it's just you who's seeing it = less pressure on you to make it perfect first time, which won't happen; that's okay.

I've decided that once the stories are ready I'll take bits out and put it on a websites like Wattpad, but not the whole thing; let it be a teaser, I don't feel good about my entire hard work being out there for someone to just take and produce as their own. I'll then edit my work based on feedback and in the future if I feel I'm ready, I'll aim to publish it but that's still off the scale for me so I haven't given publishing as much though, I just want these stories written first.

That's my plan, I hope it somewhat helps you make your own, good luck
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Books, literature and comics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.