Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone make sense of their bursary schemes?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denzel89)
    you have to have a household income under 20k and not be from wales or ireland.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denzel89)
    Hey Denzal,

May I ask which bursary you are looking at?

we offer quite a few bursaries and scholarships here at UCLan. Maybe i'll be able to help?

Josh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCLan Ambassador)
    Hey Denzal,

May I ask which bursary you are looking at?

we offer quite a few bursaries and scholarships here at UCLan. Maybe i'll be able to help?

Josh
    Well, i started in foundation last year and i am now in year 1 of a full time degree, and my household income is less than 20k.

The webpage reads as i will get both the uclan financial bursary and the foundation year bursary?

At the bottom of the page there is mention of another bursary of 2k spread over year 1, do i get this aswell? surely not?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hey Denzal,

I can only assume that you would eligible for one or the other, have you thought about discussing this with the <i> at UCLan?
    They may be able to offer some clarity and guidance on the situation?
    Give them a call at; 01772 895000 or email them at; [email protected].
    Alternatively, pop into the library on campus and see if you can have a sit down talk with them, it'll give you the opportunity to ask all the questions you need to and hopefully will address all the concerns you have.

Hope this helps,
    Wendy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.