Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 13 and taking Biology, Psychology and Maths. I don't have A-level chemistry but I can get into Biomedical Science with my grades/choices & work experience but not dentistry. I can either stay an extra year at school to complete a chemistry A-level with the disadvantage of being with the year 12 class, or apply for biomed this year and take dentistry as a postgrad course. To apply for biomedical science would be the easier option but more time-consuming and uneconomic (2 degrees). Doing dentistry will mean i'll need to drop psychology which I'm really good at and enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't dentistry a much more secure job route? And you earn a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    Definetly. But since dentistry is so competitive, do I have any luck in applying for it, considering I'ld be doing my a levels over 3 years? (Because of chemistry)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.