Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I want to leave my halls residence and break this 'contract' but I need one of these 'extenuating circumstances'.

The reason why I want to leave is because My flat people are Extremity rude, if they are not calling their friends over at 1am they are coming back drunk from a night out at 3 - 5 am in the morning, drunk and being very loud and obnoxious.
    What makes this worse is that I have a very serious anger problem so if I go out and confront them There WILL be a physical confrontation. I have spoken to my people about this and are now asking too come over here and 'deal' with them but this is the last thing I want.
    The hall manager doesn't really seem to care.

Has anyone successfully broke this agreement, if so how do you do it.
    If I have posted this in the wrong section I apologies and if anyone can link a page which can help me I would be grateful.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is there no one else you can make a complaint to or have you tried talking to your flatmates?

You could looking for someone to swap accommodation with, or someone to replace your contract. Advertise on Facebook or university portals or word of mouth. Do not let the anger get the better of you. Remain calm whatever happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Is there no one else you can make a complaint to or have you tried talking to your flatmates?

You could looking for someone to swap accommodation with, or someone to replace your contract. Advertise on Facebook or university portals or word of mouth. Do not let the anger get the better of you. Remain calm whatever happens.
    Thank you for replying, Yes I try to stay calm but it can be very hard sometimes especially when you just want to get some sleep.

I am going to speak to the 'well being manager' today and see what happens.
    And yes I have spoken to my flat'mates' which make the noise, they apologies but continue after a couple days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.