Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can the student finance team at my university check my records? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I need the finances team at my university to help organize an appeals letter for me, but I don't want them to have access to my personal information that student finance hold and previous decisions etc.

Will they be able to do this?

What information can my university finance teams obtain without setting up a Consent to Share?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_Ariana)
    I need the finances team at my university to help organize an appeals letter for me, but I don't want them to have access to my personal information that student finance hold and previous decisions etc.

Will they be able to do this?

What information can my university finance teams obtain without setting up a Consent to Share?
    Hi Katie_Ariana,

We are bound by the Data Protection Act, we cannot access or discuss anything about your account with anyone other than yourself, unless Consent to Share (CTS), has been set up.

The Data Protection Act 1998 is an Act of Parliament to make new provision for the regulation of the processing of information relating to individuals, including the obtaining, holding, use or disclosure of such information.

We will be unable to discuss anything with your university if CTS is not in place.

Regards Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.