Reapplying and using the same personal statement?

Watch
NIchemistry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm reapplying to university this year and wanted to know if it is possible for me to use the same personal statement I used during last years application cycle. I'm applying for same course but my uni options differ slightly from last year, so wanted to know if I need to write a new personal statement or if I can use the same one again this year, thanks!
ETbuymilkandeggs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yep, you can use the same one.
Ellieg333
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You won’t be able to as the UCAS plagiarism detector will at it as plagiarised and unis will think you copied someone else
HeadHoncho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NIchemistry)
I'm reapplying to university this year and wanted to know if it is possible for me to use the same personal statement I used during last years application cycle. I'm applying for same course but my uni options differ slightly from last year, so wanted to know if I need to write a new personal statement or if I can use the same one again this year, thanks!
You can use the same one, you’re also given the same ucas ID as last year
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
yes to the people who say you cna use the same one, but think whether you need to amend in any way.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NIchemistry)
Yes you can reuse your statement. Yes it will get picked up by the plagiarism detection software. It will then be checked by a person who will realise it's you again so it won't affect your application. You should consider updating it to reflect what you've done in the last year though.
Mikasadoge
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HeadHoncho)
You can use the same one, you’re also given the same ucas ID as last year
Really? I have a different ucas ID to last year
NIchemistry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Mikasadoge)
I have a different ucas ID from last years application.
HeadHoncho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mikasadoge)
When you send off your application and they give you your track login it reverts to you previous ucas ID
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (112)
64.37%
I don't have everything I need (62)
35.63%

Watched Threads