Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm looking to apply for uni to start in Sept 2018 - I have a few uni choices but Im interested in Uni of Derby to study marketing and pr . Obviously accommodation is a big factor of choosing a university, could anyone suggest any accomodation that they've enjoyed. I'm looking for something social (night life etc) but not a complete out of control party accomodation - quiet chill time too.

Any opinions and suggestions will be much appreciated! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloesophie)
    Hey, I'm looking to apply for uni to start in Sept 2018 - I have a few uni choices but Im interested in Uni of Derby to study marketing and pr . Obviously accommodation is a big factor of choosing a university, could anyone suggest any accomodation that they've enjoyed. I'm looking for something social (night life etc) but not a complete out of control party accomodation - quiet chill time too.

Darley Bank. It's a private student accommodation but the weekly payment is the same as the other Uni approved accommodation, just this is a lot nicer, and has a lift, which most students are surprised to hear.
    It's surrounded by other accommodation, is about a 10/15 minute walk from the city centre and is right alongside the free unibus service (or about 30/40 minutes walk, if you prefer).
    It's secure, security is good, all rooms are en suite, i recommend looking at it.

ReputationRep:

I’m a first year the university of derby and I’m in Darley Bank. I’m the same as you (into nightlife and stuff) and it’s good for that, but at the same time it’s not too loud or anything when you aren’t going out. I’m planning on staying there next year too so I might see you there😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Hi chloesophie,

I am coming to the end of my second year at Derby and am also studying Marketing (PR & Advertising).

I have lived in halls for two years now and have really enjoyed myself. I am currently living in Sir Peter Hilton Court and have lived here for two years now. Sir Peter Hilton court is a lovely accommodation managed by an excellent halls manager and team of staff. The halls are a short walk from Derby City centre, so perfect for a night out or a trip in to town to go shopping. The University is a 15 to 20 minuet walk from Sir Peter Hilton court, and there is also a Uni bus which stops off around the corner from these halls. All of the other halls are fairly close, and there is always something going on with in the halls.

The student accommodation also has a team of social reps who organise events for students living in these halls to attend. These events can range from trips to London, to Alton Towers trips or Bingo at our local student union bar.

Peter Hilton offer a range of standard or en-suite accommodation.

If you have any other questions, either in relation to halls or the course please let me know.

Callum

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying in st Christopher’s hall or know if it’s any good???
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Bradley Jarrett)
    Anyone staying in st Christopher’s hall or know if it’s any good???
    Hi Bradley Jarrett,

Part of St Christopher's Court is being renovated this summer, the renovated rooms will look very similar to our Nunnery Court rooms. St Christopher's is based on Ashbourne Road, which is an ideal location for our students studying at our Markeaton or Britt Mill campus. St Christopher's is also located close to the bus route which take our students to our Kedleston Road campus.

St Christopher's Court is in an ideal location, being a short walk away from the other hall and town. If you have received an offer for your accommodation, why not join our applicant group on Facebook and see if you can find your flat mates.

Callum

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.