Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. My course started over a month ago and I have enrolled at uni,I even asked them if they confirmed my attendance. My student finance is sorted now and on my payment schedule it says ‘expected’ for the 28th of September and I still haven’t received the money. I’m a second year student as well.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrznd)
    Hi. My course started over a month ago and I have enrolled at uni,I even asked them if they confirmed my attendance. My student finance is sorted now and on my payment schedule it says ‘expected’ for the 28th of September and I still haven’t received the money. I’m a second year student as well.
    Hi jrznd,

Just a couple of questions in order to help you better.

First of all have you returned your Customer Declaration form, that is the terms and conditions of the loan and when did you post it ?

From your to do list online, it will show if we are still waiting on this.

Secondly can you confirm the status of your payments, does it say awaiting confirmation ?

Finally have you sent in any additional evidence or made changes to your application recently ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi jrznd,

Just a couple of questions in order to help you better.

First of all have you returned your Customer Declaration form, that is the terms and conditions of the loan and when did you post it ?

From your to do list online, it will show if we are still waiting on this.

Secondly can you confirm the status of your payments, does it say awaiting confirmation ?

Finally have you sent in any additional evidence or made changes to your application recently ?

Thanks Rona
    Hi Rona, I have returned it indeed, it even says on my to do list online it's been received and processed.

And my status of payments has been saying 'Expected' since September.

The last evidence I've sent was my stepfather's payslip for September and it was received on the 10th of October. I wasn't asked to send anything else since I got my notification letter saying how much money I would be getting, once I realised the payment status was still saying 'Expected' I phoned SF and they asked me to send my stepfather's payslip for September to prove he's still working. I made an application based on household income and he's the only one working at home.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrznd)
    Hi Rona, I have returned it indeed, it even says on my to do list online it's been received and processed.

And my status of payments has been saying 'Expected' since September.

The last evidence I've sent was my stepfather's payslip for September and it was received on the 10th of October. I wasn't asked to send anything else since I got my notification letter saying how much money I would be getting, once I realised the payment status was still saying 'Expected' I phoned SF and they asked me to send my stepfather's payslip for September to prove he's still working. I made an application based on household income and he's the only one working at home.

Thank you
    Hi jrznd,

From what you have said you are applying as Child of a Migrant Worker.

As you do not meet the standard residency requirements, you normally would only receive a Tuition Fee Loan only as an EU student, but if you or your family member are working in the UK, you can be assessed for the same level of support as a home student.

If you meet the criteria, you or the family member must continue working throughout your studies and each term, evidence of continued employment must be received before each payment can be released. This may cause a delay to your maintenance payment each term, but will certainly be backdated and submitted, once processed

That is why you have been requested to send in a copy of your stepfather's September payslip.

Currently the timescales for processing this type of evidence is currently 34 working days. These are only estimated timescales and will decrease as we move past this peak period.

If you can give me an indication of when we would have received the payslip, I will be able to give you a more accurate timescale when you can expect your payment to be released.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi jrznd,

From what you have said you are applying as Child of a Migrant Worker.

As you do not meet the standard residency requirements, you normally would only receive a Tuition Fee Loan only as an EU student, but if you or your family member are working in the UK, you can be assessed for the same level of support as a home student.

If you meet the criteria, you or the family member must continue working throughout your studies and each term, evidence of continued employment must be received before each payment can be released. This may cause a delay to your maintenance payment each term, but will certainly be backdated and submitted, once processed

That is why you have been requested to send in a copy of your stepfather's September payslip.

Currently the timescales for processing this type of evidence is currently 34 working days. These are only estimated timescales and will decrease as we move past this peak period.

If you can give me an indication of when we would have received the payslip, I will be able to give you a more accurate timescale when you can expect your payment to be released.

Thanks Rona
    Oh okay thank you. I think the evidence was received on the 10th of October, I did send it to student finance and not to EU worker team like I used to last year, I actually used to email the EU worker team with the payslip last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrznd)
    Oh okay thank you. I think the evidence was received on the 10th of October, I did send it to student finance and not to EU worker team like I used to last year, I actually used to email the EU worker team with the payslip last year

Hi jrznd,

Thanks for that information. The email box is now closed, we now only can receive the employment evidence by post.

As I have already advised the current processing timescales is 34 working days, but I have checked for you, if we received your information on October 10
    you can expect it to be processed before Monday November 27
    and you should see an update online by Tuesday November 28.

Once reviewed and the assessors confirm your continued employment, you can be confident, as long as we have confirmation of registration from your college/university, your payment will be submitted and it takes three to five working days for a bank transfer.

Regards Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.