Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys,
    Currently I'm doing A Levels my subjects are Physics, IT and Computer Science. I'll be giving them in June ofcourse. I have applied to 5 uni's through UCAS and got conditional offer letter's from them. I've applied to Anglia Ruskin, Birmingham City , Teesside University , University of South Wales and London Metropolitan University. I want to know if I dont meet there condition on the offer letter will I be still considered for the course . I've applied for Bachelor's of Computer Science. I don't know what grades will I get so I haven't accepted any offer till yet. Please advise me on it .
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    If you don't meet the offer then you won't get in, but you could then go through clearing
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Some universities are lenient on their offers. It depends how many applicants they get. They'll fill all their places with people who meet their conditions, and if they have places left then they'll give them to people who missed out by 1-2 grades until all places are filled.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, Potato456 I'm new to UCAS and I dont live in UK also so if you dont mind can you explain me what is clearing, I'll appreciate alot.
    Secondly DrawTheLine thank you for the reply . Look I'll tell you condition that one of the uni is giving me is BCC , I know I wont get B in physics but yeah C for sure, C for IT I'll get it or may be a B minor chances , Frankly speaking I dont think i'll get a C for Computer Science because I'm confused in coding sometimes and you might also know coding is little tough , in Theory I'll get a B .

ReputationRep:
    If you are happy with those offers then accept them. The offers are personalised according to your predicted grades - someone else with lower predicted grades is likely to have a lower offer than you. This means that there is effectively a bandwidth of offers - get within that and you'll be ok. A lot of the time even if you're just outside you'll be accepted.

Birmingham City, for example, might make you an offer of BCC but their website states they accept 112 UCAS points which, if you achieve DD then that more than covers it. University of South Wales are well known for accepting well below their offer - you would get in with CCC or even lower. The others are probably similar.

The likelihood is that your grades are going to be at least good enough to get you into at least one of the universities. If you do better than expected then you can always go through UCAS adjustment - this is where you exceed the conditions of your offer and it gives you the opportunity to go for other universities with the better grades.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.