Medicine Watch

kaur00
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know the date is over but my school really messed up my application to the extent that i couldnt, as they didnt allow me to, send it off. They told me my predicted grades (ABB) were too low, but I found out today that they let another student who was predicted BBB apply for med. They also told me that Pharmacy work experience is not relevant. Is taking a gap year the only thing i can do now?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jsg9
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could ring around and speak to admissions but it's almost definitely too late for your application to be considered equally. I think your school are naïve to let a student apply with BBB predicted grades apply for medicine, it's likely their application won't be looked at further as all the admissions policies I've read have said you must meet the minimum entry requirements and then your statement, gcse's, UKCAT etc is scored. Also; in your case, if you were going to apply with ABB predicted grades to standard A100 medicine, with no widening participation scheme, I think you'd only be disappointed, the competition is immense, there's no other word. ANY work experience is relevant if you can show what you've learnt and link that to a medical career and why you want to start the journey. I'd say take a gap year, and try and achieve AAA - you'll be in a much better position next year.
kaur00
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay, thank you very much! Appreciate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads