Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it me or do doctors not care as much when you go to them about acne watch

ReputationRep:
    Idk it just seems like they can’t be arsed sorting it out and i had one doctor tell me there’s nothing I can do and I just have to wait it out
    There’s sooooo many ways and techniques of at least controlling acne like how can he say that

ReputationRep:
    Go to a dermatologist then rather than a GP
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by 545174)
    Idk it just seems like they can’t be arsed sorting it out and i had one doctor tell me there’s nothing I can do and I just have to wait it out
    There’s sooooo many ways and techniques of at least controlling acne like how can he say that
    Perhaps they are limited by £££ .Why not find another GP and go to them with your research if your situation merits it?

ReputationRep:
    My doctor prescribed me some duac gel. And it's effective. I still have some spots but a lot of the ones on my forehead are gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Perhaps they are limited by £££ .Why not find another GP and go to them with your research if your situation merits it?
    Oo I could do that but imagine if they’re worse or more limited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Issy Geraldson)
    Go to a dermatologist then rather than a GP
    They’re not letting me cos it’s not severe enough apparently.. they based that on a pic of my skin hmm
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by 545174)
    Oo I could do that but imagine if they’re worse or more limited
    Well I guess thats a good way of talking yourself out of things.

Why not join one of the acne sites if you have a serious affliction and see how other members work with their GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    My doctor prescribed me some duac gel. And it's effective. I still have some spots but a lot of the ones on my forehead are gone!
    This 100% worked for me but then when I stopped it, my acne came back and after using it again it stopped working glad it worked for you!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.