Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancelling a first date twice watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Boo hoo why not think about how you affect others and try to minimise that? Just deal with it now and then its all sorted.
    I have though about it and if I could make the date I would. I can't help having family problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Why didn't you cancel as soon as you knew you couldn't make it?
    Because I still thought I could sort out everything quicker and still make the date but I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure she'll understand if you say that it's a serious family thing and explain it to her. If she likes you then she'll wait. And also, you have to make her feel like she's not wasting her time by saying how much you really like her and want things to go well with her etc. Hope everything goes well tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael1010)
    Because I still thought I could sort out everything quicker and still make the date but I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it
    Then do it ASAP, ie. now?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by michael1010)
    I have though about it and if I could make the date I would. I can't help having family problems
    You could have called her half an hour ago instead of posting on TSR. Seems sensible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inquirer)
    It will send a bad message to her that you don't have your **** together. I'd say its over.
    Yeah, I'm sure someone with their **** together wouldn't have an unexpected family emergency. </sarcasm> I reckon all he has to do is explain the situation and if she's reasonable she'll understand.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.