ReputationRep:
    I'm considering:

History
    Spanish
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Graphics

(I'm predicted Grade 9s for the academic subjects).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Entirely depends on your interests and what you are good at, at the end of the day, as long as your grades are good it doesn't matter what you picked. I would do at least one science though.

ReputationRep:
    Is this picking your GCSE subjects or your subjects to take in year 9?

I am in year 11 and I take all of the subjects listed except graphics, and computer science and sports science BTEC so here is what I would do if I was choosing again:

- choose subjects you enjoy
    Make sure you pick subjects you enjoy or if that is a challenge, at least pick subjects you have a vague interest in. It is much easier to remain motivated if you are enjoying learning.

- choose subjects you are good at.
    This is the same as above, it is easier to motivate yourself to work of you are confident in your ability to get a good grade.

- think about options later on eg: a-levels, uni ect.
    If you know you want to take a-level graphics then take it at GCSE ect.

-look at which teachers there are at your school.
    If you are stuck between a few subjects then look at which teachers there are. Let's say you want to do graphics or fine art and you can't decide which but 2 out of the three fine art teachers are horrible and not very good and only 1 of the graphics teachers is rubbish, pick the subject where you are most likely to get a good teacher.

- look at the work involved in each subject.
    Something like graphics is a lot of work as you go along due to the very high amount of coursework; this might suit your learning style or you might rather be assessed only on your final exam.

I hope this was at least slightly helpful, at the end of the day don't stress too much. if your school is anything like mine within the first few weeks of the school year if you decide you've made a catastrophic decision then you can probably switch to a new subject. good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.