Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My manager just fired me no reason 😡😡😡😡 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I work as a care assistant and for the past 2 weeks, I've been visiting this child client that lives a few minutes away from me and today his mother told me that the company told her that I don't work on those days and now they've brought in a new carer. Last week, I went there and nobody was there so nobody informed me so I wasted time getting ready. I know it's close but shouldn't you tell the carer that the client won't even be there? I have phone bills and things I gotta pay for so I called them and they said they would call me back straightaway after the call. 10 minutes past and no call. I call back only for them to tell me they the person who took my call went home. So I talk to the manager who always has so much attitude. I told her it's very unreliable and unprofessional that you don't inform me of this and I have things to pay. She tells me "just stop talking" "you're a child, I have no time for this, we're all about to go home now" then she says "You know what, don't work at all, BYE" then she declined. I was in shock . I call again and say "hi it's ___" then she says "why do you keep calling" and then I say "cos I work here and why did you talk to me like that, it was v disrespectful" then she goes silent for a few seconds and says "I have to go, they are waiting for me, call back on Monday and we'll arrange something for you" then I decline.

IM SO PISSED OFF 😡 Why are care companies so unreliable and why this manager talking to me to this way?

It's so hard to find a retail job also and how am I going to pay for my phone bill?

She's not the actual manager btw

ReputationRep:
    You could do her for unfair dismissal
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Peak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potato456)
    You could do her for unfair dismissal
    So who do I report her to then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to 100 jobs tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    So who do I report her to then?
    You make a claim to the industrial tribunal - google it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am sure it was for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    You have no case for unfair dismissal if you've been there less than 2 years.

She doesn't sound like she's necessarily fired you?

Care work is notorious for it's poor working conditions, they don't expect back chat and rudeness and repeatedly calling is clearly gonna piss them off. If you don't wanna deal with the conditions get a new job.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing this is uk? I don't know how stuff works there, but here we would easily find a new job in the same field with same salary, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    American btw.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.