Turn on thread page Beta

Me and my friend were in a corridor talking to each other. Then one teacher walking by shoved me into a wall. Is this abuse? Should I report this teacher?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my friend were in a corridor talking to each other. Then one teacher walking by shoved me into a wall. Is this abuse? Should I report this teacher?
    Nah, i don't think so. Don't destroy the teacher's career for something that may not be that bad.

ReputationRep:
    If deliberate then yes. If accidental then no.

ReputationRep:
    I mean, shoving isn't unusual among friends but when a teacher intentionally shoves you into a wall then that's not ok. If you have proof (injury / your friend as a witness) then you could report it to the head teacher as it's classed child abuse/assault I think. Keep in mind it depends on how hard the "shove" was, if they pushed you as hard as they could into a brick wall then 100% report them and get them fired. If it was a little "move aside" shove then that's not that big of a deal but it's up to you. If it hurt a lot or was completely unnecessary then report it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay shoving is bad but its true, ruining a teachers career over it might be a bit steep because in all honesty people have changing moods and the teacher must have had a terrible day.

If the teacher does anything to you again then I would definitely take action regardless of what happens to him/her because once is ok but twice is just him/her doing their job terribly and picking on a student in a wrong way.

ReputationRep:
    She verbal bullies me often too. I was gonna tell someone about that at lunch today but I didn’t have time. Then between period 5 and 6 she shoved me into the wall and I think intentionally (she hates me)

Yes because if it was vice versa or another student they would have so much to report

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.